“Wonderful & we will be back!!”

Howard Johnson Express Inn - Beckley
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful & we will be back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk was so so friendly. Two ladies working wonderful as a team. When I made my reservation I had stated with the lady it was for a special occaison, when we got into our room they had the most beautiful roses on the bed side table. When we travel we will make sure we stay here and tell everyone we know about our stay!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lablover080
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Port
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

I reserved a room with King bed via BringFido.com, notifying the hotel that I was bringing a pet and would therefore pay the pet fee. On arrival, I was told that King bed rooms were not available for pets. Desk clerk claimed no knowledge of my reservation details, as the reservation was made via a third party.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NukePort
Buffalo, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

Within 5 minutes of being in the room, our son's white sports socks with caked with dirt and BLACK on the bottoms. I can't even get them back to being white in the wash without bleaching them. How disgusting! I laid the comforters on the floor so that we would only walk on those instead of the carpet. The linens did not smell fresh nor did our limp pillows. I also felt very itchy while trying to fall asleep.....bed bugs?? The bathroom sink was nice (faux granite), but the tub and toilet were not cleaned prior to our arrival. I know this because there were pee stains under the rim of the toilet and circular rings on the shower ledges from someone else's shampoo or body wash spillage. We are nonsmokers yet, were put directly across from the smoking rooms....where a huge family of smokers were smoking with their doors open visiting each other. The security of the place is terrible....the back door was propped open with a stone overnight. Wish I would have known so I could have moved it, but discovered it early morning as we checked out before 7am.

Only stay at this hotel is it is absolutely necessary. I never wanted to leave a hotel more in my life. We wasted 107 dollars on that stay. Terrible.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BoSox30

Travellers are raving about these Beckley hotels

Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

We stayed overnight on our way to North Carolina and the room was disgusting. The room stunk, the front of all the dresser drawers were falling apart, the remote didn't work, cigarette burns on the bedspread, hole in the wall, and the side security entrance door was broken and the door was propped open the next morning. The place was overpriced and I would never stay there or recommend anyone stay there.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank indy078
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

staff was friendly - hotel was clean - rooms were spacious - breakfast was good - enjoyed stay

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple