We were travelling with our two young children to the Yakima area for the weekend. I won this hotel on a priceline bid of $46/night. I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews of the hotel that it would not be suitable, but this was far from the case. On arrival, the front desk clerk, although not chatty, was very helpful. I asked for a room on the ground floor as we had alot of luggage to bring in. He gave us a room with a king bed, right next to one of the side doors, with easy parking, so we did not have to go far. Our kids are little and we had brought our own travel beds for them, so I can't comment on the hotel cots/rollaways. The room was a bit on the small side but tastefully decorated and very clean, with plenty of towels. There was just enough room to fit us all in and in hind-sight, a room with two beds might have been a little bigger. There was a fridge and microwave in our room and the pool was just a few steps away down the hall. Although the main pool was kind of cold, our kids loved playing in it anyway. We tried the hot tub too, but it was a little too hot and we could only stand to sit with our legs dangling in. I liked that there were extra pool towels so we didn't have to use the ones from our room. The mattress was firm, but not uncomfortably so and I have slept on much worse at more expensive hotels.
The continental breakfast was very nice--there were bagels and muffins, hot oatmeal with a variety of dried fruit and nuts to sprinkle on top, microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, DIY waffles, yoghurt, cereal and unlimited juice, milk, coffee and tea. The breakfast room was busy but not crowded when we used it. We did not use the exercise room or the laundry, but they were available. We did spend some time sitting on the outdoor patio which is at the back of the hotel.
In the parking lot there is a Bob's Burgers and Brew restaurant. Across the street there is a shopping plaza with Target, Pizza Hut and a sub shop. Across the highway overpass there was a Walmart Supercentre with a full grocery store, McDonalds and a Burger King. A few blocks away we noted a Dairy Queen and Taco Bell. For other food choices I think you would need to drive further into town.
This is not a luxury hotel, but as a moderately priced hotel it certainly met and even exceeded our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mobile check-in is now live! We finished renovating the entire hotel in Nov. 2013. Located just west of exit 33A, on I-82, we are close to the convention center (27 seconds), wineries and the valley mall. "Get Air" (trampoline park)is right behind us! The Sundome is only 2 minutes away. Shopping and places to eat are within walking distance and we are located near downtown. Corporate/family travelers and teams have the advantage of getting to their destinations quickly and easily.Experience the difference while in Yakima! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima Hotel Yakima
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Yakima
- Fairfield Inn Yakima
- Fairfield Yakima
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Yakima
- Yakima Fairfield Inn