“A comfortable, clean, moderately priced hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We were travelling with our two young children to the Yakima area for the weekend. I won this hotel on a priceline bid of $46/night. I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews of the hotel that it would not be suitable, but this was far from the case. On arrival, the front desk clerk, although not chatty, was very helpful. I asked for a room on the ground floor as we had alot of luggage to bring in. He gave us a room with a king bed, right next to one of the side doors, with easy parking, so we did not have to go far. Our kids are little and we had brought our own travel beds for them, so I can't comment on the hotel cots/rollaways. The room was a bit on the small side but tastefully decorated and very clean, with plenty of towels. There was just enough room to fit us all in and in hind-sight, a room with two beds might have been a little bigger. There was a fridge and microwave in our room and the pool was just a few steps away down the hall. Although the main pool was kind of cold, our kids loved playing in it anyway. We tried the hot tub too, but it was a little too hot and we could only stand to sit with our legs dangling in. I liked that there were extra pool towels so we didn't have to use the ones from our room. The mattress was firm, but not uncomfortably so and I have slept on much worse at more expensive hotels.
The continental breakfast was very nice--there were bagels and muffins, hot oatmeal with a variety of dried fruit and nuts to sprinkle on top, microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, DIY waffles, yoghurt, cereal and unlimited juice, milk, coffee and tea. The breakfast room was busy but not crowded when we used it. We did not use the exercise room or the laundry, but they were available. We did spend some time sitting on the outdoor patio which is at the back of the hotel.
In the parking lot there is a Bob's Burgers and Brew restaurant. Across the street there is a shopping plaza with Target, Pizza Hut and a sub shop. Across the highway overpass there was a Walmart Supercentre with a full grocery store, McDonalds and a Burger King. A few blocks away we noted a Dairy Queen and Taco Bell. For other food choices I think you would need to drive further into town.
This is not a luxury hotel, but as a moderately priced hotel it certainly met and even exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: Apparently only rooms on the ground floor have microwaves and fridges so be sure to ask for this if...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Kenneth C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

We are glad to hear that you had a good experience on your last visit and that we were able to meet your expectation. We hope to see you again on your future visits.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Went on a wine tour with friends and had a good experience as usual. Nothing overly special about the room or hotel, but exactly what you would expect from a Marriott property

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank krudean
Kenneth C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Krudean,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, as we love to hear from our guests. I am glad to hear we were able to meet your needs! Our staffs always strides to please our guests and are always happy to hear that their work had made a difference for your stay.

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I see the other reviews on service and after staying here for a week, with another 2 weeks to go, I must say the staff here is on it! If you have a problem, consider it handled. If you need to stay longer than expected, no problem. And the coffee? A non issue. I am relocating to Yakima and have been staying here until I find a permanent residence. The Monday-Wednesday gal that handles the breakfast is SO nice and helpful, even though new to the area I start every day feeling at ease. The bed is comfy, have no problems with wifi. I love it!! Sometime it's too bad, you only hear what a place does WRONG instead of the multiple things they do RIGHT. Good job Fairfield, we will continue to use you for our company travels and continue to recommend you to our cdl drivers!

Emmjay

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Emmjay0602

Dear Emmjay0602,

Thank you for your encouraging comments. We appreciate hearing from you and have let the entire staff know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I booked this hotel through priceline. The only thing that kept me from ranking this hotel as Excellent was my check in. I saw the parking lot was empty so I asked if I could have a room with two beds. The front desk agent said..."you are in a pre paid room and the best I have is a roll away". I wasn't about to argue as she was absolutely right. I was!! Just a quick note: my company makes us book through discount sites and almost ALWAYS for an upcharge of 10-20 dollars...they will give you a room choice especially if the hotel isn't full and its something as simple as room with two double beds. I do not fault the front desk agent for doing her job:-)

The room was in great shape and although very tight with the roll away...it was comfortable.

I travel a great deal to Yakima for work. This hotel is in a great location and is on the safer side of town with lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

I would have ranked the service of this hotel as average until I went to breakfast the next morning. They truly have a gem running their breakfast. SO friendly and welcoming. I wish I caught her name because she deserves some sort of award. I observed and she knew all the regular guests and what they wanted. It was nice to see!!

I would reccomend this hotel to someone. It was clean, safe and the staff is friendly even if their policies towards Priceline customers are not.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dougers79

Dear Dougers79,

Thank you for your comments and concerns. We do value our guests input and are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Unfortunately Priceline reservations services online offers only specific room types that are offered that date, due to availability. The hotel cannot change room type without effecting the entire reservation. We are only able to change small requests such as floor preferences, and location. We apologize for any inconveniences guest experience using third party reservation systems.

We have let our staff read the reviews and congratulate them on service well done! Thank you again for your comments we have shared them with the staff and genuinely appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Overall it was a good stay, the room was clean and the service was fast and friendly, however, the noise from others rooms was louder than it needed to be for a new property. Bed sleep quality was fine, although the bed coverings seemed a little cheep.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments! We apologize for the noise issues that you experienced and we have taken steps to improve in this area. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay.

Kind Regards.