All reviews gated parking full service restaurant hotel restaurant convention center room service comfortable beds fitness room free breakfast great place to stay large room definitely stay here again downtown area clean hotel front desk staff in town convenient location road trip
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Gracia and Karla remember me every time I come here. They are warm, welcoming, and always make me feel at home. Seriously the best service I have ever received at a hotel! Rooms are clean and quiet and the staff goes out of their way to accommodate each and every request. I can't thank Gracia and Karla enough for making me look forward to travelling to Yakima every month! !

Room Tip: top floor facing the parking lot
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Yakima, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

WOW! We can't thank you enough for the great review and 5 out of 5 rating about your recent experience as our guest! We all work hard to ensure that we have a great hotel that guests love, and believe the best way to stand out from the crowd is with our guest service. Our staff is truly our greatest asset. We also appreciate the kind words you shared about Karla and Grecia, we will definitely share your comments with them and their managers! Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to your next visit!
Sincerely, David S. - Management

Reviewed 15 May 2017

First and most importantly, my staff person was bumped from her room and "walked" to an inferior hotel nearby when she arrived at 10pm, in spite of her call to the hotel at 3pm saying that she would arrive at 10pm, and my payment for her room with a physical credit card at 4:30pm, and that we had reserved the room months in advance. Why would her room have been given away when we clearly were going to use the room? Three staff at the front desk were asked that question, including the manager, but none could tell me why that happened. The hotel she was "walked to" was far lower quality. I will not stay here again, nor will my staff be lodged here.

Secondly, the restaurant was the slowest experience for food and service in general that I have ever experienced, in spite of the fact that there were only a handful of tables occupied. Over two hours to get a hummus plate and a entree salad? That's just ridiculous. We used the hotel restaurant to save time rather than going out. That was a mistake in retrospect.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Shelley S
Holiday_Inn_Yakima, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Hello Shelley,
We would like to apologize that there were complications with the reservation for your colleague. We will be using your experience to learn from, and better train our team to handle situations such as yours in the future. We are truly sorry that things did not go as planned. Overselling rooms is a very common practice, not just for our hotel...but for all hotels, airlines, car rental companies, etc. While this practice is common, it does present problems from time to time. We are currently reviewing our policies and procedures in order to be as accommodating as possible for future guests.
We appreciate your feedback, it will help us to make improvements and create a great hotel that guests love. We thank you also for being our guest while in the area.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

It is a clean, quiet, and well kept Holiday Inn. Restaurant has good food and nice for hanging out after a hard day of wine tasting. Usually don't like dog friendly hotels, but they keep pet families on the first floor which keeps the noise to a minimum. We always book far in advance and get a good rate for our king room.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Holiday_Inn_Yakima, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Hello Bill, Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a great review and rating regarding your recent experience as our guest! We are pleased that we are your 1st choice when visiting the Yakima valley, and will continue to provide clean, comfortable and quiet facilities. Thank you also for mentioning the quality and ambiance of our restaurant, it is truly one of our best amenities! Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to your next visit!
Sincerely, David S. - Management

Reviewed 14 April 2017

I paid for 3 days for 2 rooms and 2 days for 1 room at the sum of 1400.00 as a new customer,some good points of cleanliness, and easy checking in upon arrival however its down hill from there, one room had 2 beds and when the rest of our party arrived they pulled the blankets back to have blood on the sheets which needed to be changed and was,went for coffee,no reg sugar or syrup for coffee, first thing I ordered to eat,they didnt have,ordered risotto and they were out,husband ordered a burger and fries I settled for pizza,burger and fries were cold and drinks were expensive and sucked,I recieved a 600.00 bill under my door upon checking our that was not mine,there was a dog that barked the whole day before,and through all of this all I get is a Im sorry with no offer of compensation. Id rather stay at a cheapy hotel next time because theyre all about being fancy smanchy and could care less whether you return or not cause theyve got money to take from others so no big deal.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank my67orangecamaro
Holiday_Inn_Yakima, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear my67orangecamaro,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn YAKIMA.
I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.
We appreciate the kind words about your check in process and the clean facilities, we will follow up on the issues you experienced and address them accordingly. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Way overpriced for what it was. The front desk person did not acknowledge just snapped out 'NAME' and gave the impression that she did not care and she was too good to be working there. The room was dusty and unclean. The food was terrible, and so was service. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank laxmonkey
Holiday_Inn_Yakima, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear laxmonkey,
We would like to apologize that your experience as our guest was ANYTHING less than perfect! It appears that we did not make a very good "first impression" and for that we are genuinely sorry, I assure you that we are grateful that you chose to stay with us.
We very much appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay, we will be using your feedback to review our training in every department. We strive to create a great hotel that guests love, and hope you will return so that we may provide you with the excellent service and amenities that you deserve!
David S. - Management