“Climb the Stairs and Get a Great View of the Ocean”

Westport Viewing Tower
Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Westport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I was on my way to Olympic National Park.
I had flown into Seattle from Toronto on a Monday, but did not get accommodations in the park until the next day.
My first stop was going to be Lake Quinault Lodge, so I perused a map for someplace to spend Monday night.
My choices seemed to be Aberdeen or Westport.
No accommodations in Aberdeen sounded particularly exciting to me; Westport Marina Cottages had great reviews on TripAdvisor. So, that is how I happened to be in Westport.
Though the cottages were supposed to have a view of the ocean, and there was supposedly a beach, I did not see either. The seawall was way too high.
I did want to get a glimpse of the ocean, even though it was chilly and drizzly; I was on the coast, after all.
As I was driving away from Westport Cottages on Tuesday morning, I chanced upon this viewing tower and I really enjoyed it.
I think it is about three stories tall. There are stairs (which I took) and I believe I saw a ramp at least part of the way up.
One can get a very good view of the Pacific Ocean from this tower. Facing the other way, there is a good birds eye view of Westport.
On the top level there are coin operated binoculars. Bring quarters.
It is also a good place to take photos.
I imagine this might be a lovely place to watch the sunset.
I would have loved to post pictures; I usually post pictures before I write my review, so I can remind myself of the details of what I saw. But, this tower does not have a listing yet.
I am looking forward to this listing being posted and, when it is, I will add my pictures.

All reviews
"great view of the ocean"
"take photos"