“Very clean and comfortable three bedroom home...”
3 Lakes Getaway Family Room
Winter 2009
Early Fall
Fall colors
Sam
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Seattle, Washington
“Ok.”
Reviewed 22 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Stayed two nights at Three Lakes Getaway to do some skiing up at Mission Ridge. Overall was a well equipped, clean home in a quiet neighborhood with a great view of the lake. As others have mentioned the home gives the strong sense of being in someone else's home -- personal photos, notes, mail, prescription medicines, reading glasses, etc. around. A couple items to call out:

1. The entry code provided to get in the house was incorrect. The owner was not reachable via the telephone number provided when we were stuck outside. With my cell phone and google I ended up calling several different phone numbers under his name (owner is a CPA) and ended up getting a call back from his daughter to assist (and luckily we got in!). Received a text message response from the owner the next day with an apology -- without a smart phone we would have had to find another place to stay the night we arrived.

2. There are several (3 that we found) webcams set up inside the house. Best I can tell they are aimed towards the front/patio doors of the house, though it does give an odd feel of whether we were remotely being watched or listened to. At a minimum it would have been great to have been given a heads up of their presence.

3. The owner was traveling when I was booking and wasn't super responsive. The booking request thru VRBO expired due to a lack of response. After playing several days of phone tag I'd learned the owner was out of state on travel, who suggested I could book directly with him if I preferred. The mistake I made was not confirming the price (duh), which when being billed ended up being more than the VRBO quote. Learn from my mistake if you go this route! This also removed my ability to provide any feedback directly on the VRBO listing.

Armed with this info and expectations, it's still possible to have a good experience for future potential vacation renters.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
6 Mar 2016
I just wanted to emphasize, that I was very sorry about the entry code. In all these years, to the best of my recollection this is the first time we had a bad one.
Yes there are webcams pointed at the entries, but mostly they are off. I can definitely understand the concern. I believe they were off during this time period.
On the pricing, the web sight doesn't provide a means to charge for pets on a daily basis. My listing does include this pricing. The net difference was $15, I think.
Prior to 6 months ago, every booking was done directly. Now the site is charging customers a booking fee of about 5% so I'm offering them the alternative to avoid this fee. My listing costs me several hundred dollars a year so now they are trying to double dip.
Seattle
Reviewed 29 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View of the Lake from the deck!
Liked least: Residential neighborhood packed with lots of homes
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
WA
Reviewed 11 May 2011 for a stay in May 2011
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Business colleagues
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Management Response
11 May 2011
Thanks a lot. We're heading over today and I'm looking forward to getting out of the rain and seeing the sun.

Terry
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing