“love this place- a top 3”
Review of The Table

The Table
Ranked #44 of 821 Restaurants in Tacoma
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Love this place. I have gone for dinner and happy hour. the menu changes and will not disappoint you. I love the game dishes and duck. Reserve before you go.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We came here for our anniversary. Reservations are highly recommended as it's a fairly small space. There is a long tall dining table in the middle surrounded by regular tables around the perimeter. They have beer and wine but no bar. Great summer special for a red or a white bottle for $25. We got a bottle of white which was great for the price.

Ordered the calamari appetizer which combined fried tentacles along with grilled calamari steak. The sauces were what made the dish - an aioli and a romesco that were fabulous. Hubby got the venison strapback and I had gulf shrimp and albacore. High quality proteins with more fabulous sauce. We both ate every bit of our food. Service was at a good pace and when they felt they'd taken too long to serve us they comped our appetizer.

They're open for dinner 5-10pm. Parking requires a little bit of watching and circling. Would go back again and would recommend to others.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Had birthday dinner here last night and oh....so very good. DH ordered the duck based upon staff recommendations and it was incredible. As staff said"the chef knows how to cook duck"
My crab pasta was delish. The sauce was not creamed based but rather olive oil,seasonings and very light flacores allowing the big chunks of crab to shine.
Beet salad was good as well.
Milleniums and us older folk- well over 50- enjoyed the ambience and food.
No HH but they have a bar menu that serves all evening...most food from the main menu that rotates.
another fine neighborhood place in Tacoma.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This is the best restaurant in Tacoma.
This is one of the best restaurants in the Northwest.
There are always surprises because it's very much farm-to-table.
Our foodie millennials took us here for a family birthday celebration. Parking on Sixth Avenue is always a bit of adventure, but if you cruise up a block or two, or park on the north side of the street, where there are no restrictions, you can always find something.
The atmosphere is no frills. It's just the kitchen, the bar, and you. There are two tables in front, some booths along the side, and a long table to share in the middle.
Let me repeat. This is all about the food.
Our server greeted our millennials like old friends. He was completely unpretentious and knowledgeable. He had some great suggestions for wine pairings.
You have your choice of small plates or large plates, and don't forget the hidden treasures on the bar menu. Sharing and sampling is encouraged, and we tried everything. The carnivores had the braised elk appetizer. Simply superb! One of our vegetarians ordered the Mushroom Leek Papardelle. To die for! They are famous for their Pan-Roasted Filet Mignon. I stole a bite from faithful companion and had an out-of-body experience. When I tried to sneak a second bite, I almost lost my left hand. Never anger a faithful companion who has been outfitted with a steak knife!
Their "Dork Burger," a luscious blend of duck and pork, just won the South-Sound slider contest. Their Ricotta Gnocchi MacNCheese is why I keep my cardiologist on speed-dial.

May I suggest the Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding for dessert?

For the same prices you pay at those swanky waterfront restaurants, you can reach a whole new level.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

We had an extra day in the Seattle area and went over to Tacoma. Thanks to some searching we read about The Table. This is a restaurant that would have been incredibly expensive in Seattle but we had wings (really good), Mac and cheese (best I have had - way better than Beechers in Seattle) and the Dork Burger (great) and it ran us $40. Great value for great food and upscale vibe. Our server was incredible too. Wish I could remember his name