“Bugs, urine, filth....and happy to have them.”

Travelodge Tacoma Near McChord AFB
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Corvallis, OR
“Bugs, urine, filth....and happy to have them.”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I was concerned when I found the window open and unsecured. Dim lite made it hard to see what I was getting into. When all the lites were on, there were bugs and debris behind the door, on the floor (which was sticky), hair in the sink, urine on the floor and around the toilet. Bathtub backed up and the lights would turn on and off on their own. Notified the clerk, sorry was the answer, but that was all. Only stayed in one worse hotel in my life, and I have traveled all over the world!

Room Tip: Any place but here.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank BCarefulCorvallis_OR
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 28 September 2011

At first I thought the hotel might have changed since these reviews were written, but I was wrong. The hotel attempts to cover up their problems by painting the walls blue and redoing their sign, but nothing changes. I keep discovering bugs in my room and the blankets have holes in them. The room is very stuffy and has a strange smell. The floors are sticky and you can hear everything going on around you. Some of the staff are nice, however the manager has no clue how to handle problems and is very rude. I tried to present an issue I was having with them double charging me at the same time because they forgot to the first time, putting me over my credit card limit. And told me too bad to my face and shut the window on me. I would definitely only recommend staying here to have dirty sex or do drugs or too cheap. Especially when there are so many hotels around, what was I thinking? PS, the bed has been causing me to break out and is filthy

Room Tip: None, spend more money on a room some where else
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Checked in around 2 am with my two yr old grandson. Checked out 4:30 am itching, covered in bedbugs. Flat old pillows, no coffee maker, decent cups, towels or soaps. Rude clerk, wouldn't refund money, or call manager. Didn't care, I had a two yr old with me. 15 mins of trying to sleep, opened my eyes to see baby covered. Have a rash and can't stop itching. Anyone else with this experience, please call health dept. This place is a hooker, gang banger serious DUMP. Impossible for them to be oblivious to the bug problem and lousy maid service. They need put out of business.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank loreannayrk
Spanaway, Washington
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at The Rodeway in July 2011. It was the WORST motel experience we've ever had. The room was messy and discusting. When we returned from our evening out... there was a group of people hanging out right outside our room. From about 1am until about 3:30 am there proceeded to hangout there and party. I tried calling the front desk and never got an answer! At 6am the people in the room next to me started blaring music, at that point I'd had enough!! We got our things together and left!! Absolutely the worst night of sleep in my life!! When I compained the following day to the manager "Steve" he said he would look into it and get back to me...still haven't heard from him!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JBargas
oregon
Reviewed 28 September 2009

this was a horrible experience! smelly, dirty room, police cars parked outside, noisy, noisy neighbors, terrible bed and to top it off...maid walked in on us at 9:00 in the morning!!!!! Besides, who pour concrete all over their plants? Stay away!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple