“Great Location and Good Seafood”
Review of Lobster Shop

Lobster Shop
Reserve with OpenTable
Lobster Shop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 840 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 17 October 2017

A group of friends met here for lunch. We had hoped to dine on the deck but the weather was windy and cold. Parking is free and easy.
I had hoped that the Lobster Shop would have more lobster on their menu. I wanted a lobster roll but that is not a menu item. Instead I ordered the Shellfish Louie salad with crab and shrimp. It was a nice salad. The shrimp were really prawns which was a pleasant surprise.
Service was excellent. We had a bit of a problem with a food allergy and the waitstaff immediately handled the situation.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent customer service, the variety of food was excellent. A great place to bring your family and visiting guests.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

If you want a wonderful meal with excellent service and if you want to feel special, The Lobster Shop is for you! Spend a relaxing evening with your special someone at a fabulous restaurant with unparalleled views of Commencement bay. Watch the boats glide by , or watch the seals play while you enjoy the most sumptuous meal the South Sound has to offer.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We were huge fans of the quaint homey Dash Point Lobster Shop so were skeptical about the larger Ruston Way restaurant. But we finally decided we needed to give it a chance. And it was an amazing dining experience!

We lucked out with a window table which I realize cannot be guaranteed even with reservations. And even on a drizzly day, the view was splendid.

Everything we tried was delicious: clam chowder, lobster bisque, cod and chips, Anglio prawns, flourless chocolate cake, and creme brulee. But it's the lobster bisque that has me anxious to return. I wanted to lick my bowl to be sure to savor every drop, but being mindful of decorum I did not.

We had an early dinner so took advantage of the Twilight menu. This was an exceptional meal at an early bird price point - almost too good to wish for. We'll definitely return!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

A favorite on the harbor with lobster bisque that I have yet to find any to compare. Reservations are a must for a window seat.

Management response:Responded 15 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review! The Lobster Bisque is definitely a favorite! :)

Been to Lobster Shop? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK