“Good meal”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Have never had a bad experience here. This time was no different. Good burgers and sandwiches. Fries and homemade chips excellent. Service was fine.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I arrived in Tacoma recently for my first visit home in over a decade. I'm happy my sister chose this for our meal after flying in from New York City.
Families can sit together during the day until 9pm. My son was happy with his chicken tenders, and I selected my old traditional favorite, a French Dip. I believe this sandwich started on the West Coast, and the Spar makes an outstanding version. From the first dip into the au jus, it was perfect.
I can't easily comment on what my (twin) sister ate, except this is a favorite place to eat. When I next return home to Tacoma, I should get a specialty of the Spar's, but this French Dip is difficult to pass. Theirs was perfect.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

As always, the Spar will not disappoint. My Favorite is the Halibut and Chips. You get two large filet, cooked to crispy / crunchy goodness along with fries. Add a lunch salad, a beer and you are golden. Burgers, sandwiches and their famous Fish Tacos with homemade chipolata sauce are all some of our other favorites. Go and watch the boats in Commencement Bay and enjoy Wonderful food.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We walked here from our hotel an ate some great food. The is a very local, almost a dive, pub with lots of dining space and good local beer on tap. The dishes are great pub food for a good price.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I was having a trying business trip in Seattle/Tacoma and went looking for somewhere near the water to get something to eat. There isn't much in Downtown/Old Tacoma so The Spar it was.

What a great meal! I had the Mediterranean and it was fresh and delicious. The hummus and pita were superb. The veggies were fresh and every bite was scrumptious. My server and the meal were just what I needed to end a crappy day on a high note.

I sat outside, enjoyed the weather, savored my food and enjoyed every part of the dining experience. Can't wait to go back. Wish I would have had some one to share it with!!