The Spar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 14 August 2017

As always, the Spar will not disappoint. My Favorite is the Halibut and Chips. You get two large filet, cooked to crispy / crunchy goodness along with fries. Add a lunch salad, a beer and you are golden. Burgers, sandwiches and their famous Fish Tacos with homemade chipolata sauce are all some of our other favorites. Go and watch the boats in Commencement Bay and enjoy Wonderful food.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We walked here from our hotel an ate some great food. The is a very local, almost a dive, pub with lots of dining space and good local beer on tap. The dishes are great pub food for a good price.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I was having a trying business trip in Seattle/Tacoma and went looking for somewhere near the water to get something to eat. There isn't much in Downtown/Old Tacoma so The Spar it was.

What a great meal! I had the Mediterranean and it was fresh and delicious. The hummus and pita were superb. The veggies were fresh and every bite was scrumptious. My server and the meal were just what I needed to end a crappy day on a high note.

I sat outside, enjoyed the weather, savored my food and enjoyed every part of the dining experience. Can't wait to go back. Wish I would have had some one to share it with!!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My girlfriend and I stopped by after a run to grab something light to eat. What a great menu! Everything from nachos to seafood, burgers and sandwiches and of course beer and cider. We got a great place outside on a beautiful day! I had fish tacos, which were amazing and my friend had the salmon pita which she said was outstanding! The one thing you HAVE to have is the Spar chips. Homemade chips served with this garlic mayo that is sooo good! The only complaint I have is that we could not have the delicious cider (or any alcohol) outside because there is no barrier. Oh well, water it was and it was fine! Will definitely be back

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Have been going here for the Soar burger for 20 years, unfortunately the food is not what it once was.
Stopped in for the Spar burger today and was truly disappointed. Over cooked and tasteless, this was not the burger I've come to love. Maybe a bad day.
Great service as always, but my disappointment in the burger gives the rating.

Been to The Spar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK