The Spar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I was having a trying business trip in Seattle/Tacoma and went looking for somewhere near the water to get something to eat. There isn't much in Downtown/Old Tacoma so The Spar it was.

What a great meal! I had the Mediterranean and it was fresh and delicious. The hummus and pita were superb. The veggies were fresh and every bite was scrumptious. My server and the meal were just what I needed to end a crappy day on a high note.

I sat outside, enjoyed the weather, savored my food and enjoyed every part of the dining experience. Can't wait to go back. Wish I would have had some one to share it with!!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My girlfriend and I stopped by after a run to grab something light to eat. What a great menu! Everything from nachos to seafood, burgers and sandwiches and of course beer and cider. We got a great place outside on a beautiful day! I had fish tacos, which were amazing and my friend had the salmon pita which she said was outstanding! The one thing you HAVE to have is the Spar chips. Homemade chips served with this garlic mayo that is sooo good! The only complaint I have is that we could not have the delicious cider (or any alcohol) outside because there is no barrier. Oh well, water it was and it was fine! Will definitely be back

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Have been going here for the Soar burger for 20 years, unfortunately the food is not what it once was.
Stopped in for the Spar burger today and was truly disappointed. Over cooked and tasteless, this was not the burger I've come to love. Maybe a bad day.
Great service as always, but my disappointment in the burger gives the rating.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Excellent food, rotating selection of beer and cider, view of the waterfront. Great place all around.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

We come from across the bridge to eat here! Best hummus ever! And they have a wonderful fried chicken! But the real treat is those who work there! Such a great group!