“Great food, great service, great location”
Review of The Spar

The Spar
Ranked #30 of 764 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 July 2017

My girlfriend and I stopped by after a run to grab something light to eat. What a great menu! Everything from nachos to seafood, burgers and sandwiches and of course beer and cider. We got a great place outside on a beautiful day! I had fish tacos, which were amazing and my friend had the salmon pita which she said was outstanding! The one thing you HAVE to have is the Spar chips. Homemade chips served with this garlic mayo that is sooo good! The only complaint I have is that we could not have the delicious cider (or any alcohol) outside because there is no barrier. Oh well, water it was and it was fine! Will definitely be back

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Have been going here for the Soar burger for 20 years, unfortunately the food is not what it once was.
Stopped in for the Spar burger today and was truly disappointed. Over cooked and tasteless, this was not the burger I've come to love. Maybe a bad day.
Great service as always, but my disappointment in the burger gives the rating.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Excellent food, rotating selection of beer and cider, view of the waterfront. Great place all around.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

We come from across the bridge to eat here! Best hummus ever! And they have a wonderful fried chicken! But the real treat is those who work there! Such a great group!

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Best night ever! Thank you to Deron and Laura and all the staff. We called to give notice that we had a group of 20+ and it was easily accommodated. The service was on point and met all of our needs in a friendly and quick way. Food was delicious and the options for beer wine are excellent. If you're looking for a local casual spot that aims to please this is the place. We celebrated my daughters 21st birthday and it was perfect for all ages. Happy 100th! Will definitely be back.

1  Thank Emma M