“What a Find!”

Paya Thai Fish & Chips
Ranked #67 of 840 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

This is probably the best fish & chips I have had in my 57 years on this planet. The cod is hand breaded on site and I thought it was perfect. Not too much breaking like some pub house fish. The chips are awesome and the presentation is really lovely. Not what you expect from a little hole-in the wall food court restaurant. Worth looking for.

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

We were tantalized by the look of the fish and chips when we were racing past last night and so tonight we paid a visit to Paya Thai. I had the freshest, biggest Caesar salad ever and hubby said the chowder was the best he ever ate. We loved our meal and the super sweet friendly service! Highly recommended for sure. It passed the ULTIMATE test - there was not a hint of grease or oiliness and it felt like a real taste of home for this displaced Kiwi.

Reviewed 6 October 2015

This place is an institution at Freighthouse. I have had most everything on the menu and all is good. Nothing is really outstanding but certainly good! They obviously use clean oil and take care in preparation. I will eat there again and recommend you try it as well.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

The food is freshly made. Very generous portions. Had the fish & chips. would recommend to everyone. The employees are very nice and friendly.

1  Thank Linda J
Reviewed 19 August 2015

They said the cod was fresh today, and maybe it was. I had the fish and chips. The cod was tasty, but it was all breading, and not much fish. No comparison to fish and chips in England. The price was reasonable, the atmosphere eclectic, but I would have liked to have paid a bit more and gotten more fish, and less breading. The fries were OK. The service was super friendly. I don't think I would go back here the next time I'm in Tacoma.

Been to Paya Thai Fish & Chips? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK