Holiday Inn Express Tacoma
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
US$ 135
US$ 152
US$ 146
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Shilo Inns Tacoma(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
US$ 121
US$ 87
Hotwire.com
US$ 205
Courtyard
  • Pool
All reviewscookies and milkopen hoursroom was cleaneach eveningfront desk staffspent two nightsnice staypool and hot tubyogurtseattle areachecking inbusinessesfoyerlewiskitchenetteprosdryer
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The hotel was wonderful, breakfast was great and the room was perfect. The location of the hotel is nice as i was able to get everywhere i needed to be rather quickly, but the area of town was not the best and there were alot of street walkers and such. The stayed to their own but they were there for sure.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Having only stayed here one night - I was upgraded to a Jacuzi room! The room was BIG and lots of space to move around, the TV was like a 60 inch flat screen and great bathroom! The shower pressure and amenities were excellent. Thanks to the wonderful staff of this hotel for keeping everyone satisfied. Great neighborhood as well. Would definitely stay there again if I visit Tacoma!

Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2009

I stayed at this hotel several times on business. Each time they managed to mess up our corporate account billing. Then, in May, I booked a room for my daughter and baby because she was on her way to Tacoma for an emergency and didn't want to call from her car while she was driving. Two hours later, when she arrived, they could not find the reservation. I spoke with the front desk person and offered to give them my credit card number to find the reservation, but the front desk person said don't bother and that she would book a new room for my daughter. My daughter stayed the night and paid with her own card, however, I was ALSO billed for the room as a no show! When I contacted the hotel to explain the situation, I was treated very rudely and told that I would still have to pay as a no show because the reservation was under the name of one of my co-workers! I called priority club account services and asked if this was possible, as I'd booked through my priority club membership. They told me no. I then filed a dispute with my credit card company and wrote a letter to Holiday Inn Express customer relations. They returned the letter stating they had directed the hotel to refund the charge. Two months later I received a check in the mail with no explanation other than "refund" on the check stub. I deposited the check only to get a threatening letter from the hotel stating that I the refund was given to me by mistake because the charge never went through to my credit card company! Ub the nasty letter they sent me, they told me that they take delinquent charges very seriously, and I needed to pay up within 10 days or they would take action against me!

What a bunch of morons! I travel fairly frequently, and I have never stayed at a hotel with such a messed up billing department, not to mention such poor customer service. In fact, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Olympia just last week, and it couldn't have been a better experience! I would recommend NOT staying at this hotel unless you want to take the chance of dcealing with this kind of incompentence. If you need to stay right off I5, stay at the Hampton! It is GREAT! Or, better yet, the Murano downtown! Or the Courtyard!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank LindaDJordan
hitacoma, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2009

This guest was charged for a no show for a duplicate reservation booking.
Had two reservations not been booked by the guest claim of "inept billing" would not have been made. Hotel did issue a courtesy credit to the guest.

Reviewed 11 April 2009

My stay was good, not great. Parts of the hotel look like they have been updated others have gone by the wayside. For example the pool area has beautiful new tile floors, but the pool and spa themselves look old, dirty and have obvious patches. The TV was nice and big which I enjoyed, however the equipment in the Fitness Center was nowhere near as new. The staff was pleasant, quick and helpful which I greatly appreciated and I liked the cold complimentary water in my room. Breakfast was good and I enjoyed the free internet. However I was not able to connect wirelessly with my laptop which meant I had to sit at the desk to work. Not on the bed as I would have preferred. I found it odd that there was no fan in the bathroom so when I took a shower the entire room became muggy and hot for quite a while. The area this hotel is in was also bit concerning. It is close to many restaurants and has easy I-5 access which is great. However, I heard sirens multiple times in the one night I was there, then later someone screaming outside. All in all bits and pieces of the hotel were great others looked like they had been forgotten or missed.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Traci422
Reviewed 15 November 2008

A typically average Holiday Inn Express, but in a convenient location just off the I-5.

The room was a decent size and comfortable with a view over an adjoining gas station.

There is no restaurant, but the hotel is close to a range of other nearby restaurants and small shops. The breakfast was complimentary and a decent choice including a hot option.

The front desk staff was especially pleasant and friendly. Complimentary coffee and cookies were available in the early evening.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Stevie390