“Great neighborhood spot for breakfast, lunch, and dinner”
Review of Cook's Tavern

Cook's Tavern
Ranked #17 of 774 Restaurants in Tacoma
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I've been to Cooks several times in the last six months. It's a welcome addition to North Tacoma. The menu has a great variety at every meal, and the servers are more than willing to convey special requests to the chef. For example, they will serve any sandwich as a lettuce wrap, a key service to anyone on a low-carb diet.

Cooks is a busy place, but well worth the trip from downtown or other areas of town.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We visited Cook's Tavern recently for the first time. This fairly recent addition to the Proctor/Old Town area of Tacoma is a great find! We were seated immediately - even on a busy Saturday. My wife chose blueberry pancakes and I the Mac and Cheese. We were pleased with our food and the service but felt we waited an unusually long time for what we ordered. The cause? An unusually high volume of pancake orders so the grill was backed up. Seemed like an odd explanation since pancakes only take a few minutes to cook. Fortunately we weren't in a hurry and enjoyed our time together. We will likely visit Cook's again and would recommend you do the same.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Performers (and audiences) who need a credible late(r) night dining option will find Cook's also worthy of a standing ovation. A creative menu with good choices and a ambience with a pleasant atmosphere will make for a good evening - my varied company has ranged from Grammy nominees, to legislators, to one who's been a Newsweek Magazine cover, and they've been appreciative of the great service (thanks Rachel) or the genteel clientele. My last guest - a journalist who Time Magazine labeled the most dangerous man in America - was floored by a chocolate dessert they offer. Food is subjective, so you you may have your own opinions, but Cook's has improved mightily since it's sluggish start.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Came here for lunch today with a family group. Certainly plenty on the menu with lots of options ranging from breakfasts to lunch. If you are looking for straight-up diner options - omelettes, hash browns, toast, etc. - this is not really the place as their breakfast menu options are a bit more eclectic, though the blueberry flapjacks looked pretty good. The lunch options were also a bit eclectic with a touch of Latin/Cuban but you can also get a pretty good burger. Service was definitely friendly and with a smile though they had a bit of a problem with coordinating the meal arrivals. Good atmosphere and it looks like the bar could be a lot of fun, too.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

As I live in the neighborhood I stopped by for a late lunch/early dinner. I was looking forward to something light so I ordered the ceviche. Sometimes I feel like service isn't as good when you are dining alone. On this day service was not very good. I took a seat outside as it was a lovely afternoon. I ordered a glass of white wine which was good. When the ceviche came it looked very disappointing. The color was grayish and it tasted very fishy which made me think it was not fresh. I have been here before and had mediocre service and food. Not sure if I'll return.