“Comfortable, Clean, and well located near the Airport”

Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My family and I have stayed here three times now, and we have been happy with all three stays. In originally booking the motel, I had some reservations due to some very negative reviews posted on this site. I took into account the fact that these were over two years old and the more recent ones were much more favorable - and management seemed to me more active in responding to reviews that were posted.

We had a couple of small issues on our first night - we had made it clear we were flying out and returning a week or so later and the parking permit was not made out to cover that period even though we had paid the Park and Stay rate... and we had problems with our keys which were quickly dealt with. Our other two stays had no similar issues.

The location near the airport is convenient, as is having a GREAT Denny's right across the parking lot - that serves beer to help settle your stomach after a long day's flight. This isn't a review on that Denny's but as the amazing service at that restaurant does help with the value of the stay at the hotel I've decided to include these comments.

Shuttle service was fast, very polite and pleasant even at the wee hours of the night, the vehicle in great condition, driving was comfortable and professional.

Front desk staff is pleasant to deal with. I have to say that I was impressed that management seems to keep two people on staff overnight - this says a lot about their concern for worker safety. I was also impressed to see this staff diligently working on things like folding laundry and cleaning a hallway baseboard when things were slow. I really appreciate good employees that display a great work ethic like that, and I think it reflects VERY well on management as well.

Breakfasts were very good, they are a very much appreciated perk. While I love Denny's breakfasts, I found no temptation to skip the Best Western breakfast - it had everything I wanted.

House keeping staff is also very good, rooms seem to be kept very well. No smoke smells.

Guest rooms are large for the cost, very comfortable, great ammenities, very comfortable beds. Internet works great.

Definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: All three nights I was on the third floor. No idea if its quieter than the others, but I certainly h...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
AsstMgrSpokane, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. i am so glad all small issues you had on your first nights stay were taken care of quickly. I am glad you enjoyed the Denny's in our parking lot, as do we. We love hearing that the shuttle ran smooth and professional. In fact I can't be told that enough. Thank you for noticing the extra work our front desk staff does to keep our hotel neat and tidy. They do a wonderful job. I will be writing them all a thank you note for your review. I will also be letting the house keeping staff know they are doing an exceptional job. Breakfast is always challenging and its nice to know you were happy. Thank you for the recommendations and we look forward to seeing you next time you come to Spokane.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We recently stayed at the Best Western Peppertree in Spokane. Staff was friendly, room was larger than expected, and very clean. The Breakfast was among the best continental breakfasts we've had of this type. The hotel is a bit isolated, so dining out takes a drive or shuttle by hotel, but we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate all of the good feedback. We are glad you were able to use our complimentary shuttle service to area restaurants and casino so you were able to go out to eat. Our front desk staff does a great job of being friendly and professional. Thank you for saying so. As far as breakfast I am so glad you enjoyed our selections. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Spokane.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel because every other hotel in Spokane was fully booked. We had a no smoking room that reeked of smoke. Otherwise, the room was average in every way. Breakfast is included and it was of decent size and choice. We stayed two nights and the housekeeping service was incomplete, to say the least. We had to call the desk for towels and soap and the garbage to be emptied. But the front desk staff were very pleasant and accommodating. It is located right off the freeway which is convenient but also noisy. There is a Denny's restaurant within steps of the hotel that looked to be open 24 hours.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
AsstMgrSpokane, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad our front desk staff was able to take care of your needs with the soap and garbage. Although I am surprised it wasn't already taken care of by our housekeeping staff I will be checking in on that. I do thank you for the information so I can be sure to correct any problems. As far as the smoke smell I hope that it came from outside as we are an entirely smoke free property. We strive to make every guest experience enjoyable and hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Spokane.

Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn

Reviewed 12 May 2012

A nice clean updated hotel. The room was spacious with a king bed and a fold out, but unfortunately the fold out was so uncomftorable my buddy and I had to share the king. We stayed 2 nights. We checked in at midnight and at 4am the fire alarm went off which woke the whole hotel, it went off in about 3 min. but not before we were fully dressed and ready to bolt out of the place, the second night was uneventful. The staff is very friendly and work very hard to keep things clean and running smoothly. Breakfast in the morning is well stocked for an included breakfast and you won't go away hungry, although ther could be a few more healthy choices, but it is included, so oh well. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
AsstMgrSpokane, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. The fire alarm was indeed eventful but unfortunately couldn't have been predicted. I do apologize for the 4am wake up. Thank you for the breakfast suggestions we are always looking for ideas on how to improve. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and staff. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Spokane.

(509)624-4655

Reviewed 26 April 2012

We have stayed at this Inn once before and remembered it with smiles but this last visit left much to be desired. The front desk staff were welcoming and initially the room looked great. However, the bathroom tub was not clean, there were less than two sets of towels for the three of us, the bathroom fan didn't work and we couldn't seem to adjust the room temperature. The wall unit under the window was extremely noisy and inefficient.
We loved the idea that the pool was open all night and went to use the hot tub and pool around ten o'clock, when the rules stated that children under 18 were not allowed, but only stayed twenty minutes because of a family with two loud youngsters (under 10) who were still enjoying the water. Deciding we would order a pay per view movie from the list on the TV, we made our choice but couldn't seem to order the movie. When we asked at the front desk we were told that the option (of ordering a movie) was not available, even though the menu still advertized the movies.
Overall we felt disappointed in our stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Beverly C
AsstMgrSpokane, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

First off let me start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review. Secondly I apologize for the cleaning in the bathroom. I will be personally checking the rooms more closely. The pay per view option is not available at our hotel and I will get in touch with our provider to see if I can remove it from the screens. However it is my hope that when traveling again you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Please feel free to call me directly if there is anything I can do for you.

(509) 624-4655