“Fantastic food and at the right price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Italia Trattoria

Italia Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Italia Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 881 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 36
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: In July of 2010, Chef Anna Vogel and Operations Manager Bethe Bowman opened Italia Trattoria, a lively, regionally inspired Italian restaurant in historic Browne’s Addition just west of downtown Spokane. Chef Anna’s commitment to cooking seasonally with the finest local produce and artisan products available from Italy and the Pacific Northwest has differentiated Italia Trattoria from any other restaurant in Spokane. The menu has an eclectic mix of house made pastas, meats and fresh fish, salads and soups, and breakfast dishes on weekends. Our menu changes seasonally while offering some of our house favorite dishes year around. The menu is complimented by a well-received wine list with a primary focus on Italian producers and some local Northwest wines. We offer a full service bar with hand crafted martinis, barrel aged cocktails, fresh squeezed juices, and the best espresso in town. Whether you are in the mood for our grilled rack of wild boar with sweet potato gnocchi, a house made squid ink fettuccine with spicy wild shrimp, our charred octopus salad, the best meatballs in town, or our city wide famous zeppole doughnuts or tiramisu, come dine with us.
Seattle, Washington
“Fantastic food and at the right price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

If you're looking for a cozy Italian bistro then look no further than this restaurant. The service, atmosphere and the food were all excellent. The menu had some very creative creations that all worked extremely well. Virtually everything is made from scratch on the premises and you can tell a lot of passion has gone in to the dishes. Next time we're back in Spokane we will absolutely go there again. Thoroughly recommend it.

• Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful neighborhood bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is just the type of place I would love to live close enough to walk to as my brother and sister in law do. The other night my husband & I decided to walk over for dessert as we have done in the past when we were staying at my brother's place. The staff is so welcoming and the atmosphere is calm, but cheerful. This is just a great place to wind down over something sweet. I am a big fan of canollis, but I am also rather particular about them. I fell in love with the canollis in the North End of Boston when I was in school there and I have always been disappointed ordering them elsewhere. I took a chance and tried them at Italia and I am glad I did. The shell was the exact combination of crispy/flakey perfection that I have missed. The filling is not too heavy and with a light touch of candied orange peel which was lovely. My husband had the chocolate mousse cake and although he said he wouldn't possibly finish the generous portion - he made it disappear pretty quickly.
They have a nice selection of brandies/liqueurs/grappa as well as some yummy coffee drinks.

We have had delightful dinners and really enjoyed the brunch here as well - but there is something about taking an evening stroll and ending up here for dessert that just really appeals to me.

• Visited March 2012
Karlskrona, Sweden
“Wow. Wow. Wow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Owners Bethe and Anna have put together an amazing menu that delights the senses and titillates your taste buds. We spilt every course and savor our way through the appetizers, primeros and segundos and finally, dessert. We save our pennies to be able to eat here. They also have a delightful brunch. Make reservations.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Akingfisher
Spokane, WA
“excellent dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

We went to dinner to celebrate a birthday on a Saturday night. The place was busy and reservations are recommended. The waiter was very attentive and helped us pick out a nice bottle of wine to compliment our meal. Menu was a la carte. The main meals were excellent (entrees- duck, boar, flap steak, and pork) and all prepared to our liking. Accompanying side dishes were wonderful such as king oyster mushrooms, bean ragout, and kale. Dessert was excellent as well including taramisu, bread pudding, and ice cream. This is my secong time to the restaurant and no one has ever been disappointed by their meal. As a local resident who has eaten at many of Spokane's restaurants, Italia has some of the best food in town.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank fjgoodman
East Wenatchee, Washington
“Great Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

We met friends for brunch here on Sunday morning. What a treat. My panini was delicious.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank yoplait8

Been to Italia Trattoria? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK