Review Highlights
Unreliable & Terrible Customer Service

We reserved and paid two months in advance for a minivan that we needed to transport 6 family... read more

Reviewed today
chrisaP3998MO
Toll nightmare

I received a toll bill following a week long rental from a local airport. I have no problem paying... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Jlianke
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 April 2021 via mobile

On a busy Sunday afternoon no one was stationed at the Dollar booth. All customers were funneled to the Thrifty rental station where the wait was over an hour long! Thank God for the patience of the staff.

Reviewed 24 April 2021

Whatever you do, do not rent from Dollar Car Rental!! They have the worst customer service I have ever seen from a company in my life. You are much better taking ubers or public transport. First, we had to wait 2 and a half hours after our reservation time in order to get our vehicle that was RESERVED. I don't know what these people think a reservation is. Secondly, my dad prepaid for the rental so therefore he was automatically declared the primary driver and that could not be changed. This cost us an extra $15 a day for me to drive the vehicle when I am the only one that has been and will be driving it. Absolute garbage. Third, I called to extend the rental as the only reason we need the rental is because we are down here for my Dad's heart surgery, hence why he won't ever be using the vehicle. Well my dad is sedated and will be for an unknown amount of time so when I called to extend the rental they told me he would have to be the one to do it. How do they expect that to happen, again, bunch of unintelligent and greedy people. Keep in mind that they viewed my license and we are paying an extra ludicrous charge for me to drive. I would gladly put my credit card down to keep the vehicle but no not with these people. So now I will have to drive over an hour total and then probably wait in some long line in order to get another rental from a different company. Keep in mind I'm trying to visit and take my mom to visit my dad who is very sick. What a garbage company. Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed 18 April 2021

They are the worst.. poor service at airport..Small crappy cars that are not in working order.Employees that do not care. Prices were ridiculous.I really do not any good things to say about the company.Seats were broken gas cap had to be pryed open to put gas in it so I did not have to spend 9.99 a gall..try to find a Hertz or Dollar office away from airport is impossible.All closed ...t.he employees blame COVID..No other rental companies use that story.POOR MANAGEMENT

Reviewed 17 April 2021 via mobile

I’d leave negative stars if possible. Charges me for insurance that was declined, never mention anything about charging 9.99 on top of toll charge EVERY TIME you drive through a toll. Uncooperative and refuse to let you speak to a supervisor when on the phone with them. I have paid about $400 in extra charges. Stay away and pay a higher rate with another company to avoid the headache. I wish I would have read more reviews before booing with them. It had been a nightmare.

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

Worst company to rent from. I booked a car with them back in January for March for 9 days and did not expect to deal with the bad service that I had received from them. I had broken my ankle and fractured my foot two days before the pick up. Since I had already paid for the trip in advance I was not about to cancel it so I called Dollar and explained to them that I need to add my husband to the rental ad I had broken my foot and could not drive. I was told that there was nothing they could do over the phone, I was told that I would have to be there to pick up the car and I could add my husband then. When I got there not only did I have to wait in a long line as they only had one person behind the counter but I had to wait for them to locate the car. Regardless I explained to the gentleman behind the counter which needed no explanation as I was in a wheel chair and holding crutches that since I could not drive that I would need to add my husband to the vehicle and he said that wod not be a problem and due to my situation they would waive any fees associated to that since it was apparent that I would not be driving. When we got to the car not only was it banged up but it was also dirty. Ordinarily I would have gone back in and tell them that is unexceptable but I was to tired so took it and had the car professionally detailed before my trip. Now fast forwarding to the drop off. Everything was fine and the car was dropped off in better condition then what I received it in. When the car was dropped off we were told everything was good and we would get our receipt in our email. Not only did I not get my final receipt but when I hacked my card they over charged me and added $140 and change so I called them and they said that it was for adding a driver. I said I had a broken foot, this was not something I could have predicted, I was also told there would be no charge. They refuse to refund me and they also refused to send me to a manager. I will never rent from them again.

Date of experience: March 2021