Review Highlights
Do not rent from Dollar

Possibly the worst customer service in the world, not a person anywhere to speak to only machines... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
E6680YCmiked
World
via mobile
Dollar Rental Cars check-in is Sloooooooow...

Long line at the Dollar Rental Car counter at the Denver airport. 30+ people in line and they just... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Vacation13768341734
Denton, Texas
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 April 2021 via mobile

I’d leave negative stars if possible. Charges me for insurance that was declined, never mention anything about charging 9.99 on top of toll charge EVERY TIME you drive through a toll. Uncooperative and refuse to let you speak to a supervisor when on the phone with them. I have paid about $400 in extra charges. Stay away and pay a higher rate with another company to avoid the headache. I wish I would have read more reviews before booing with them. It had been a nightmare.

Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

Worst company to rent from. I booked a car with them back in January for March for 9 days and did not expect to deal with the bad service that I had received from them. I had broken my ankle and fractured my foot two days before the pick up. Since I had already paid for the trip in advance I was not about to cancel it so I called Dollar and explained to them that I need to add my husband to the rental ad I had broken my foot and could not drive. I was told that there was nothing they could do over the phone, I was told that I would have to be there to pick up the car and I could add my husband then. When I got there not only did I have to wait in a long line as they only had one person behind the counter but I had to wait for them to locate the car. Regardless I explained to the gentleman behind the counter which needed no explanation as I was in a wheel chair and holding crutches that since I could not drive that I would need to add my husband to the vehicle and he said that wod not be a problem and due to my situation they would waive any fees associated to that since it was apparent that I would not be driving. When we got to the car not only was it banged up but it was also dirty. Ordinarily I would have gone back in and tell them that is unexceptable but I was to tired so took it and had the car professionally detailed before my trip. Now fast forwarding to the drop off. Everything was fine and the car was dropped off in better condition then what I received it in. When the car was dropped off we were told everything was good and we would get our receipt in our email. Not only did I not get my final receipt but when I hacked my card they over charged me and added $140 and change so I called them and they said that it was for adding a driver. I said I had a broken foot, this was not something I could have predicted, I was also told there would be no charge. They refuse to refund me and they also refused to send me to a manager. I will never rent from them again.

Reviewed 24 March 2021

I am a Dollar Express Member and reserved an SUV in Orlando, FL.
I went to the rental garage and saw no cars, no people. I finally found a small sign that said that whole area was closed and I would need to go across the airport to the other side. There were no signs in the airport so it took me a while to figure out how to cross over to the other rentals.
When I got there, my name was not present on the sign and when I asked the man working at the kiosk he said I had to go back inside to the counter to fix the problem. I said I was an Express member and he didn't care. I stood in line for 45 minutes to be told my contract was all set and I shouldn't have had to stand in line. They sent me back to the guy at the kiosk. By then there were many angry customers standing around. Turns out the SUV's had been oversold and they didn't have any left. They were also completely out of minivans. The man working at the kiosk did not care at all. He said I could stand around and wait, but couldn't say how long. After waiting close to an hour I asked if there was anything he could do. He told me I could take a sedan and deal with the bill later. That is what I did. It took over 2 hours to get a vehicle in total, and I was downgraded. When I returned the sedan I went back to the kiosk to straighten out the bill. The woman there said she could take $75.00 off the balance.
(It's much less to rent a sedan than an SUV, nevermind the screw up!) When I looked at her incredulously, she said the most she could do was $100 off, take it or leave it. I took it, but will no longer be a Dollar Express member. They absolutely do not care about their customers.

Reviewed 12 March 2021 via mobile

Long line at the airport counter, people leaving the line (we would have if we didn’t already have a prepaid reservation), 3 representatives dealing with customers while 3 others just walked around behind the counter. It took us 90 minutes to do the paperwork, find a car, and leave the rental.

1  Thank aspeck
Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

The agent never told us about the administrative fees that would occur(up to 9x per rental agreement), for every toll road or exit in Florida (that has automated toll booths because of the pandemic, which are many).
ie: a $3.00 toll becomes $13.00 because of an administrative fee assessed by Dollar Car Rental. What a horrible surprise to come back home to find those notices in my mailbox.
Shame on you Dollar Car Rental! I'll never consider you for my car rental needs in the future and I beg other consumers to be aware of them too.

Date of experience: February 2021