Review Highlights
Do not rent from Dollar

Possibly the worst customer service in the world, not a person anywhere to speak to only machines... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
E6680YCmiked
World
via mobile
Dollar Rental Cars check-in is Sloooooooow...

Long line at the Dollar Rental Car counter at the Denver airport. 30+ people in line and they just... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Vacation13768341734
Denton, Texas
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2021

I am a Dollar Express Member and reserved an SUV in Orlando, FL.
I went to the rental garage and saw no cars, no people. I finally found a small sign that said that whole area was closed and I would need to go across the airport to the other side. There were no signs in the airport so it took me a while to figure out how to cross over to the other rentals.
When I got there, my name was not present on the sign and when I asked the man working at the kiosk he said I had to go back inside to the counter to fix the problem. I said I was an Express member and he didn't care. I stood in line for 45 minutes to be told my contract was all set and I shouldn't have had to stand in line. They sent me back to the guy at the kiosk. By then there were many angry customers standing around. Turns out the SUV's had been oversold and they didn't have any left. They were also completely out of minivans. The man working at the kiosk did not care at all. He said I could stand around and wait, but couldn't say how long. After waiting close to an hour I asked if there was anything he could do. He told me I could take a sedan and deal with the bill later. That is what I did. It took over 2 hours to get a vehicle in total, and I was downgraded. When I returned the sedan I went back to the kiosk to straighten out the bill. The woman there said she could take $75.00 off the balance.
(It's much less to rent a sedan than an SUV, nevermind the screw up!) When I looked at her incredulously, she said the most she could do was $100 off, take it or leave it. I took it, but will no longer be a Dollar Express member. They absolutely do not care about their customers.

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 12 March 2021 via mobile

Long line at the airport counter, people leaving the line (we would have if we didn’t already have a prepaid reservation), 3 representatives dealing with customers while 3 others just walked around behind the counter. It took us 90 minutes to do the paperwork, find a car, and leave the rental.

Date of experience: March 2021
1  Thank aspeck
Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

The agent never told us about the administrative fees that would occur(up to 9x per rental agreement), for every toll road or exit in Florida (that has automated toll booths because of the pandemic, which are many).
ie: a $3.00 toll becomes $13.00 because of an administrative fee assessed by Dollar Car Rental. What a horrible surprise to come back home to find those notices in my mailbox.
Shame on you Dollar Car Rental! I'll never consider you for my car rental needs in the future and I beg other consumers to be aware of them too.

Reviewed 1 March 2021

Overwhelmed w/ customers at the Miami Airport, they didn't have enough cars, so they sent us out in an Suv that needed service. The attendant sent us back and they said it was a mistake and changed the paperwork. It's no mistake, the tire is leaking down to 24-26 lbs everyday and we're having to pay to put air in it. No one will answer the phone. I posted to Facebook and was asked to send a private message to Dollar. They gave me a case and said they'd send someone out to change the tire. When we spoke to them to set up the changing of the tire, it was going to be a $75+ TX charge because we declined coverage. So now it's our fault we were sent out with a flawed vehicle?? You can bet this is the very last time I'll spend my dollar at Dollar and I highly recommend you take your dollar elsewhere.

1  Thank Beth A
Reviewed 8 February 2021 via mobile

Dollar in Cancun Mexico wasted 2 hours of our time trying to SCAM you on insurance while your family waits outside standing. After trying to walk out then they finally agree on price and then when you agree on internet price of $222 and scam you for $380 out the door and then charge you for $449. This place is a joke and you have to take shuttle to car which is also scam!!! Run

1  Thank kellygZ3528QF