“Both Excellent and Sub-Par”

Sante Restaurant & Charcuterie
Reserve with OpenTable
Sante Restaurant & Charcuterie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 896 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Breakfast & lunch every day from 9am-3pm. Social hour 3-5pm. Dinner service nightly 5pm-close. French techniques, Northwest products. Eat globally / Act locally...... A Votre Sante
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The first time that I ever went to Sante I had a friendly waiter, a good glass of wine, and a terrible dinner. I remember thinking "Wow, I do not get all the hype that this place gets." My girlfriend and I left and didn't think that we would ever return.

Then I had a friend who had his family coming into town and they invited me out to dinner. I happily said yes, but when they told me we were going to Sante I inwardly groaned. In fact, I think I even tried to talk him out of it.

However, I had a meal that was absolutely fabulous with my friend and his family. It was a complete 180 from where I was before. The meat was succulent, the potato's superb, and the changes in between courses left you wanting more.

Since I have only been here twice as of right now, I do not know which was the fluke. (And, shame on me for not sending my first dish back.) I look forward to trying it again sometime and I hope that I am again pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank Stuart and Kris... P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sante Restaurant & Charcuterie

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Banana French Toast with fennel butter and anise maple syrup, two eggs, and Sante's sausage. A breakfast that was fresh and locally grown..A must whenever I am in Spokane. I visited this restaurant when it was newly opened and am glad to see they now extend the breakfast menu through the lunch hours. only distraction was employee on cell phone at one of the tables. But was glad wifi was available. Go visit this restaurant, always a culinary adventure.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I went to Sante recently with few work friends for dinner. We went on a Wednesday night so the restaurant was not too busy. There were two waiters serving about 6 tables when we got there. The waiter was informative and friendly but he was more interested in talking to tables instead of focusing on serving. Our entrees came out later than expected. The food quality was very high. We started with the charcuterie plate which has wide assortment of meats. There was only one cheese on the plate. The plate also included pear jam, mustard, nuts and peppers. The plate was very good. I had the fish de jour which was the halibut. It was well done but not too many veggies were included. My work friends had the steak de jour and they really enjoyed it. They had more veggies on their plates. The wine list was average. The prices are high so be prepared. Sante has potential but they need to focus more on service.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I was in heaven! I had a solo late lunch w/Cava. The best beet fraiche/soup ever in my life. Followed by a pasta main course. All excellent. The desert I chose was a variety of cheeses, w/honey, nuts, and Porto. I have traveled extensively and love the food of the Mediterranean countries. Actually, I think this is one of the best restaurants in the State of Washington! I will return every time I visit Spokane. Fantastico!

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Dinner for three. Our starters were a great foie gras, scallops, and gnocci. Then steak tartare (with a quail egg), duck confit and ratatouille. Ended with a nice cheese plate, a dessert that I can't recall now (but which was delicious), and a glass of port. Excellent bottle of Washington malbec. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. Service was great. They had a guitarist playing quietly -- very nice. About $230 with tax and tip. We haven't really had a better French meal outside of France. Worth a special trip.