Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshi expressmilk and cookiesthe riversmall balconythe breakfast areabreakfast ladythe hotel sitsbeautiful propertyyogurtspokane downtownhighly recommend this hotelriverfront parkparking lotcomfortable bedsfree breakfaststaff was very friendly and helpfuldefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Building maintenance aside, you will be hard pressed to find another hotel staff that so truly cares about their guest experience. Tawnya especially goes out of her way to assist with any issues brought to her attention. The manager's receptions are fabulous, and much appreciated in these tough times.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Thank you so much for the kudos for my staff. They really are amazing and each have a heart to serve. I appreciate you mentioning Tawnya. She is an amazing young lady that strives to accommodate each and every guest. We want you to feel like a part of our family and again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Spokane.

Reviewed 24 December 2011

After the worst stay ever, I asked the front desk "was the hotel full last night?" No. "Are there lots of rooms being remodeled?" No. "Then why was I booked in the room under the table saw. Why was I booked in one of two rooms with construction - hammering, nail gun, a man looking through my window on the second floor?" urrr...? I don't know?

By the time I checked out, the crew of 4 had packed up and were going home. Every hotel has issues. This one is the worst. I stay in Spokane 3 to 4 time per year and there are plenty of choices. I suggest you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: There is no pool and no restaurant. Don't believe
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2011

Dear Belltownvisitor,
Please accept my sincere-ist apology for the circumstances surrounding your stay. We do our best during this time of upgrading the outside of our building to keep our guests informed and away from noise during the day. However, we don't have control of the order in which the work progresses. The good thing is that they don't start work before 8:00 am and they stop work by around 4:30 pm maximizing the quiet time for our guests. We are at a time of preparation for the final product which we should began to see portions of in January. I would love to talk to you further about your experience and I invite you to come back in the spring when the upgrade is complete.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

My husband has stage four esophageal cancer and needed immediate treatment in Spokane. The Radiation and Chemo treatments took 9 weeks altogether. I lost my job over one year ago due to a back injury and funds have been very limited- since my husband’s income is the only revenue we have. The news of another illness, this one with possible dire consequences, afflicting our family was devastating to say the least.
A coordinator for Cancer Care Northwest, in conjunction with the Cancer Society looked for lodging, so we could stay in Washington during treatment with little expense to us. That is where Lori Cook, administrator of Holiday Inn, came into our lives. She graciously donated a perfect room to myself and my ailing husband, at no cost to us for a 4 week period.
Our stay at the Holiday Inn was simply perfect. Everyone that worked there treated us extremely well, not like charity cases. The front desk clerk Paul and his co workers did everything in their power to provide us with rooms which helped make our stay pleasant and comfortable. If we had an issue at all, they helped smooth out whatever the matter was. The hotel provides a full breakfast every morning and the guests are welcomed by a lovely woman who prepares the steam tables and sees to every guests satisfaction. Monday through Wednesday’s one is invited to a Managers reception, where a light evening meal including refreshments are served. A variety of beer and wine are available for the asking.
As mentioned before, we were graciously invited to be guests at the Holiday Inn, a gift which we could never repay. I am not writing this review out of gratitude alone, but I am making a strong observation. Any corporation which so selfishly provides help to those in time of need, should be praised for their humanities. For this reason alone, it is needful for future pardons to grace the Holiday Inn ‘ On the Rocks’ to further support the gracious efforts towards those in need. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. Lori, may your benevolence towards all mankind, be rewarded benignity, always.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying with us. First, let me say that we, as staff here at the Holiday Inn Express are the ones that are blessed. It was such a delight to see you each morning knowing what you must be going through with each day of treatment, and not knowing what the future holds, yet still maintaining a positive attitude and courage to face the challenge. You all were an inspiration to each of us and we thoroughly enjoyed your presence. Second, we wish you all the very best during this Christmas season and in the New Year. Please stay in touch with us as you have become a part of our family. Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 17 December 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Division St. in downtown Spokane Dec. 9-14, 2011 and loved it! It was comfortable, clean, and felt homey with the Christmas tree and burning fireplace in the lobby. We were also greeted by Bebe, the Gonzaga University bulldog, who helps man the front desk. The staff was very welcoming and kind. Having a free warm breakfast each morning and then complimentary cookies in the evening was a real treat and saved on costs. A free light dinner was also available 3 days a week, which was especially appreciated the night before our departing flight. Plus, the hotel is close to everything, including the freeway. (One minor thing I didn't care for was the cinnamon scented soap and lotion). Would definitely recommend this hotel to others. (Note: There is currently construction happening on the outside of the building, which can be a little noisy at times).

Room Tip: Request a room away from Division Street so you won't hear the traffic
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Tripchiick,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. It is always great to hear great stories from our guests. And thank you for shaing the pictures - those are great! I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. And, yes, even though things look crazy on the outside of the building, the inside is cozy and warm. I can't wait to share the finished product with you this spring!

Reviewed 13 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel this past fall during the Gonzaga Fall Family week-end. I typically ask for the Gonzaga Rate which is less expensive. I was very unpleasantly surprised when I received my bill and the rate was higher than one I heard quoted on the phone by the receptionist while I was at the front desk attending to other matters. I complained to the hotel staff and at the Priority Club website, but did not get a satisfactory response (which would have been to honor the rate that was offered the general public). I would be very sketical of any special offers that this hotel advertises and will likely not go back there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us for Gonzaga Fall Family Weekend. I am sorry you were unhappy about the rate for this very busy weekend. Just as with the airlines, hotels often increase their rates on high demand days which is the case on this busy weekend. It is likely that the rate you heard quoted over the phone was for a different period of time and possible a different discounted rate. I hope you found our service other than that satisfactory and I hope you will return and see our completed improvements in the Spring. Thank you again for staying with us!