“Not so Super”
Review of Super 8 Shelton

Super 8 Shelton
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We can't believe all the favourable reviews this property has recieved! We stayed here as it was the only chain hotel we could find after staying on the road a little too late one night. Check in was basically give me your credit card. At first glance the room seems clean enough with all the usual amenities. When I got into the king size bed I was surprised to find that about two feet from the edge in the mattress was so worn that it could hardly support me so I had to stay in the middle all night, ok it's just one night.I got up about 8am and put the coffee on and packed us up, At exactly 9am I walked into the very small breakfast room to find it dark and a lone woman there informed me breakfast was over at 9am. Really no coffee left? no fruit or muffin I could just grab and go? No, over meant over. The cost of this room 83 dollars and experience will ensure we never stay at this property again and certainly wouldn't reccomend it to anyone else.

Room Tip: Try some where else
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Shelton

Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed at the Super 8 on February 25 to attend the Isley Brothers concert at Little Creek Casino as the casino hotel was sold out. Check in was fine, clerk was very helpful, gave me numbers for Pizza Hut and a local taxi company. The rooms were small, average nothing to write home about-but clean and not expensive.

I slept well and woke up at 9:15 for the continental breakfast. What continental breakfast? The website says: Waffles, fresh fruit, ceral, pastries, juice. At 9:20, all was left was enough batter for 1 waffle, 3 bananas, and cereal. I took the last waffle. More guests had come into the tiny breakfast room after me and the hotel worker said she would NOT be making any more waffle batter even though the time was 9:30 and breakfast was supposed to go through 10 am. I thought her attitude could be better. She was also washing containers and another woman came and told her there were people waiting to check-out in the lobby and she said, "tough, they will just have to wait." By far the worst continental breakfast ever, at least the hotel is close to several restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cheyenne M
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was in town for a job interview, and couldn't have picked a better place to stay for the night. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, breakfast ample, and the staff very helpful as well as kind. The Comcast cable was very nice here as well, I was preparing for my interview and found the great variety of music channels perfect while working in the room. The free wireless internet was fast and reliable enabling me to work efficiently during my stay. I was arriving early and was allowed to check in a bit ahead of time, with my interview the following afternoon I was also allowed to check out a bit later. They were very accomodating and did not have to help me in this way, but they did and I appreciated it very much.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I dont know what room others have stayed in, but mine was not clean. The switch plates and plug ins were black with dirt, the walls had water marks running down them, and the comforter smelled bad, I took it off the bed. Had to stay in Shelton for a family medical emergency, and it was the only vacancy in town. The breatfast was a carbohydrate overload. If I have to do that again I will go to Olympia for a room.

Room Tip: Just do yourself a favor and go else where.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My son had an early morning appointment in Shelton on a Sat morning so we decided to stay there for the night. Due to car problems we did not arrive until late. Maria was waiting for us. She is a very helpful and friendly woman. Our room was very clean, the beds comfortable and pillows perfect. It was a very cold night and our heater was quiet and worked great. We were up very early so did not get to try the breakfast. My son's appointment took several hours and Maria allowed me to stay in the hotel past the check out time while I waited for him. I did go to the breakfast room for some coffee. It reminds me of a small European hotel breakfast room. It is off the landing between the first and second floor. I saw people eating waffles and they looked good. The hotel is not new but has good solid furniture and the bathroom vanity is spacious. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Even though we were on the backside of the hotel next to the highway we did not hear any traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
11.4 km away
27.7 km away
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
26.3 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia

Been to Super 8 Shelton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK