“Delightful”
Review of By the Bay Cafe

By the Bay Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Sekiu
Reviewed 17 October 2016

My experience here will be among the most memorable of my trip. Not so much for the food, it was fine, but for the people. It was the small town place I always dreamed of finding. The owner is a young woman and she did it all, waiting tables, making customers feel welcome, preparing the food and handling the payments; I don't know how she does it. Her regular customers refilled coffee and cleared plates and it felt like the entire room was dining together. I ate there twice and talked to her entire family over the two days. Lovely! So happy to have had the experience - didn't think it existed anymore - very inspiring. If you are in the area choose this restaurant.

1  Thank justthefacts848
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for By the Bay Cafe

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Stopped here on our way toward our lodging. Great taste, great value, friendly service. I was starving after an earlier hike and still couldn't finish the burger and fries. It seems to be managed very well and it was very clean and comfortable.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

We were recommended to try this restaurant on our way from Cape Flattery to Forks. We were told that the food was great. The restaurant overlooks the Strait de Juan de Fuca so were expected a great seafood meal. After reviewing the menu, which was very basic, we ordered the prawns, cod, cheeseburger and fries. Those who ordered the seafood dishes were disappointed. You could only get fried seafood, no options for baked or broiled. The food was very greasy, and the breading was abundant. The person who ordered the cheeseburger ranted about how great it was. The fries were good. The ambiance of the restaurant was that of a small cafe or diner.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

I went on a cold rainy night. The staff was as nice as they can be. There are no printed menus, a desert board and pizza board, so ask for what you think you'd like and they'll help. For me, I wanted soup. The soup of the day was clam chowder. I don't eat clams so they put together a vegetarian broccoli cheddar soup. Delicious. Basic counter service and a few tables. Outdoor seating during good weather on the deck.

1  Thank DoloresJacoby
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Burgers? Fish? Fries? It's here. Nothing fancy, but the view of the harbor is great, and the fries are amazing. Actually, the burgers are amazing too....

The ambiance and atmosphere are laid back. A perfect place for lunch

1  Thank Divot_Digger