“Never stay!!!!”

Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Portland, Oregon
“Never stay!!!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Don't ever stay here. My husband and I wanted something inexpensive semi close to the pikes place Seattle area. This was inexpensive and so that was the selling point. My husband walked in to check us in and the women was so rude, but we already prepaid ....so it wasn't a choice anymore. We got into our hotel and the counters had hair on them and the shower was COVERED in glitter. It looked like no one had cleaned the shower. The room smelled awful and the door looked like anyone could pick the door. Do not stay here, pay a little more and get your money's worth . This was bad.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Susan O
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We stayed here because we needed a place near the airport that was reasonably priced and happened upon this place first. We just drove in and got a room. It was small but reasonably clean. Breakfast was cereal and toast and that's it. There was a microwave, but the fridge was under the bathroom counter which was okay--just kind of funky. (The bathroom was LARGE.) The clock/radio did not work. I asked for a wake-up call and the clerk punched a bunch of numbers into a machine, but the call never came--we woke up anyway, but be careful. (Don't know if phone worked or if a mistake was made--my money's on the phone not working/not ringing.) It's close to the airport and the staff was nice. It's rough around the edges, a little old. But it was fine for a night for us.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank MaggieP6789
Modesto, California
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We stayed at the Econo Lodge South at SeaTac - 19225 International Blvd, (Old Pacific Hwy S), SeaTac, WA 98188 on July the 9th 2010.
It is a slum lords dream, most of the people staying there looked like rejects from a Section 8 Housing program. One of the rooms was being used by Hookers who were working International Avenue.
Its a worn-out X-something or other, Motel 6 - Days Inn - Flop n Stop, in one of the worst parts of town.

The room we were assigned had a 50 gallon hot water heater out in the room, I repeat in the room.
There was a half inch hole completely through the entry door - the repair effort for said hole, a mass of wet toilet paper wadding. Worn carpet, looked like casino rejects from Vegas. The sheets on one of the beds were from the previous occupant.

We stayed one night the desk person double charged me, on my American Express Card, for two nights stay. Thank God it was American Express they fixed the fraud issue immediately, lucky for me one phone call to American Express, bounced one of the overcharges right back to hotel.

I will never stay at any Econo Lodge Hotel..............ever again !
Moreover, I am going to use any and all web-sites I can find to make sure everyone knows just what a dump this place is.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
13 Thank OutandAbout15
dante012
Reviewed 25 March 2010

At first the lady behind the checki-in counter seemed bothered, as if we interupted her soaps or something, but then she livened up and answered what few question we had. The room was small but it is the econolodge and you get what you pay for along those lines. Only complaint would be its location. Just to far from downtown. Cost 40 dollars to take a cab downtown one way. We also used there parking services for the airport. We didn't have any problems but the lot is not on camera and there is no gated entry.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dante012
Woodstock, Vermont
Reviewed 14 February 2010

I was getting really worried about our reservation at this location because of the earlier reviews. I got back on line to cancel and learned that I was too late. I called the front desk and told them about the reviews and that I wanted to cancel. The front desk operator said that they would honor the cancellation without problem, but that if I was nearby I should stop and look at the location and the room because they had completely renovated the location since those reviews. I did and Wow, I am so pleased that I did because the room is wonderful. All new bathroom, new carpeting, clean as a whistle and great value. Refrigerator and microwave as well as HBO. Wi Fi in the room. The desk person was unbelievably helpful and refigured my combined room rate and parking fee for three days and saved me money from what I had booked on line. Shuttle runs every half hour and there are three new minivan shuttles that keep circling in and out of the property. Added bonus: There is a first rate Thai restaurant attached to the location. Excellent thai soups, chicken satay and phat thai. My wife and I are glad we stuck with the reservation.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple