“Friendly service”

Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We had never been here before and came to watch Eddie Money in concert. We booked an RV site. The hotel/rv check in was easy and pleasant. You are allowed to have your RV in the hotel RV lot if you don't put your slide outs out. No problem. We were only there for a night. We put our awning out as it was raining heavily. We walked to the casino and heard our names over the speaker. Turns out, no slide outs mean no awnings too. Ok. No big deal. We retracted the awning. We had lunch at the Crafthouse. I had the chicken nacho appetizer. Holy moly. Three people couldn't even finish that plate. Super good too. My husband had the BLT and said it was very good. Service was so friendly and very fast. We gambled in the casino in the nonsmoking area. Not as many machines as the smoking are, but we were happy to have a nonsmoking area. While we were gambling a waiter asked if we would like drinks. Of course! We placed our order and he promptly returned. I gave him the tip and we continued to play the slots. He stood and finally told us it was $10.00 for the drinks. What? Okay. No problem, but we just assumed they were free. This was our first time to a casino outside of vegas or Reno. He was super nice though. The concert was fun and plenty of security was near by. There were no problems. We had breakfast at the same restaurant and the food was hot and plentiful. We really enjoyed our stay. Highly recommend. The staff was super friendly and it really stood out. Even security as we walked in was really friendly. Such a nice stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Our dinner with YUZU was something thing Kinda Huge 3 Entrees includin Pho Bo ,beef teriyaki(prime rib) special done to prefection with pineapple ,fried rice combo. Pho was displayed with parsley asian beansprouts limes and basil leafs.Clean and friendly. Our Drinks werr included with our feast of pad Thai noodles all full helpings traditional Japanese thai RESTAURANT reasonably priced.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017

The hotel is pretty and new. You do smell smoke through out the hotel. We were in a non-smoking room. They have a mini casino in the entry of the hotel. They do have rooms to bring your pet. $ 25 charge per pet. Read your contract before signing. My son and his friend requested a 1/2 late check out for the two rooms we had. This person at the front desk said there was a $ 25 late check out fee. My goodness we are talking about Sunday morning. We wanted to try the buffet for brunch. we phoned at 10:30 for the request. Well let me tell you the conversation got very heated. My son wanted to speak to this persons superior . She said she was. She was a stinker I heard the conversation. My son went to the casino and to speak with a manager. Goodness all this because this lady was just so nasty. All in all my son's host came and spoke with him and it was resolved. All this fuss over someone that needs to be retrained in customer service. To be fair I didn't go down the whole contract while signing in. We all respect the hotel staff needs time to get the rooms ready for the next visitors and usually are out of rooms on time. Goodness it was just a half and hour.

Room Tip: We had a bottom floor room 132 it was quite and close to the entrance of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Launa H
Reviewed 5 July 2017

This review is of the hotel, not the casino. I have regular business in Olympia and, although the Lucky Eagle is a half hour commute, the value makes it worth a little extra milage. I have stayed here more than once and each experience has been exceptional for the price. The hotel staff in warm and friendly, the rooms are clean, very roomy and very well appointed. Unlike so many hotels in this star range, they have chosen to invest in quality from the towels and bed linens, to the furniture, to the coffee and grooming amenities they offer. Even the minifrige in the room is the higher quality that makes less noise at night. I have only two complaints. Firstly, they offer no breakfast and there's no place to buy breakfast until after 7:00 am. (I am out the door by then). There's also no place in the hotel to buy dinner or a nightcap--you have to walk over to the casino across the street. Secondly, although my non-smoking rooms have had clean air, the lifts and hallways smell like cigarette smoke. Not much they can do about that. This place doesn't price-gouge at every opportunity like so many casino hotels do. The hotel is an exceptional value for the price and has become my "go to" place to stay when I have business in the area.

Room Tip: If you're an early riser, bring food or change for the vending machines!! There's no place...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Too many flies!!! could not enjoy the buffet. I came there for my birthday! our room was nice though1 Please get rid of the horrible fly problem at the buffet before someone gets very sick! People stand in line and pay good money to enjoy the buffet

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
10.8 km away
24.2 km away
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
18.7 km away
Olympic Club Hotel & Theater

Been to Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK