“TOO MANY FLIES AT THE BUFFET”

Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Too many flies!!! could not enjoy the buffet. I came there for my birthday! our room was nice though1 Please get rid of the horrible fly problem at the buffet before someone gets very sick! People stand in line and pay good money to enjoy the buffet

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We just spent 5 days at the hotel. The room was very adequate for what we needed. Smoke permeated throughout the hotel even though our side of the hotel was sealed off as "non-smoking". Since I was not able to get a hard copy of the billing at the time I had to leave for one of my engagements for that day, and my wife didn't get it at the time she checked out, I thought I would contact them and get either a hard copy or email copy. I tried this morning, around 6:00am thinking it shouldn't be to busy for me to talk with one of the front desk people at the hotel, called, it took several minutes for them to answer the phone, not a big issue. I started asking if I could get a hard copy / email copy of the billing and mid-sentence, the sleepy sounding attendant cut me off and asked if I could hold.... and never came back on. Got the impression she didn't want to deal with me and I would call back later... Now, not necessarily a big issue but I would expect a bit more courtesy for a paying customer just looking for a billing statement. Would I go back, not for some time.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank TG_Pickleball
Reviewed 27 May 2017

I visited the Lucky Eagle Casino and Hotel to attend a meeting so I'll be reviewing the conference facility and the hotel. First the good: the staff were all incredibly kind and helpful and the buffet had nice options (although there were a few more flies than you'd normally expect to see). The catered food at the meeting was also pretty good.

The conference room that we were located in was located in the center of the casino, just a door away from tons of smokers. Things started off okay, but the air got thicker and more difficult to breathe as the day went on. If you're thinking about using these conference facilities, you may want to also consider that you can hear the slot machines outside the door, which doesn't always create the best work environment. Another weird thing about the conference room is that it had four, very small projection screens instead of one large one. It made it impossible to see any of the smaller presentation details.

After a long day in the casino, I was looking forward to staying in the hotel, but even with a non-smoking room found that the whole building had that stale smell that entrenches every room that has ever been smoked in. The rooms themselves were okay, but nothing fancy.

I realize that the casino is on the reservation and smoking comes with the territory, and if that doesn't bother you, then you'll find a perfectly average hotel and casino. However, do not stay at this hotel if you are even remotely smoke-sensitive, you'll be in breathing hell. Additionally, I'd think twice about hosting any kind of meeting here if you want standard projection abilities and clean air for your meeting participants.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2017

This hotel is fantastic from the reservations over the phone to the checkin to the security staff and the overall experience!

We were here for my youngest sons 21st birthday! I made reservations 2 months in advance and everything was flawless. Upon check in Ben at the front desk was informative and very helpfull. We booke the family suite and an additional king suite for my oldest son and girlfriend. When we checked in we also had 2 additional parties checking in and Ben tried desperately to accommodate us all to be close together. Being it was spring break not much he could do but my son and our family suite were right together.

We got to our room and man we were totally surprised. the Family suite is 2 separate bedrooms with a large family room as you walk in. It has a separate half bath off the living seating area and a Huge bathroom with a sunken tub and a walk in shower.

The living area has a flat screen TV as do both bedrooms. The living area has a large round dinning table a small couch and a love seat with a desk and office style chair.

Everything was clean and comfortable, Microwave refrigerator with wet bar in main area.

This is a casino hotel so with that you deal with some late night noise and cigarette smoke smells. We were on the 4rth floor that was right down from the smoking rooms so we did have residual smoke smells but hey not a problem for us.

We had a blast stayed 3 nights and will be back! OH and they ahve a pool that is very different from most Indian casinos.

Please come and see these folks, they take great care of their quests and the hotel is very nice

Room Tip: Family Suite ROCKS !
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
LuckyEagle1, Manager at Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you soon. Ben is guest favorite and I'm glad to hear that was able to be apart of your son's birthday.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

The hotel was very nice we stayed in room 213 very spacious . They left us plenty of amenities . The only complaint was the bed was hard. I cannot sleep well on a hard mattress besides that everyone was very nice and helpful we had wonderful service .

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wontstoptillidrop

Thank you for spending your anniversary with us, we appreciate your feedback on your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
35.1 km away
18 km away
Peppermill Empress Inn
Peppermill Empress Inn
#3 of 10 in Centralia

Been to Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK