“My third visit”
Review of Rose & Thorn

Rose & Thorn
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Ridgefield
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I have enjoyed the meals for all three visits to the Rose and Thorn. But I was most impressed during my last visit due to the amazing service we received for a party of 9 in addition to the delicious food. I had the Moroccan Chicken Tangine this time and the cook on the chicken, the spices and sauce were perfection. My only complaint would be that the cous cous was dry and I didn't want to use up all the sauce on the chicken for it. It's hard to keep Cous cous from getting too dry. My cocktail was awesome and had the most delicious dried pineapple in it. I don't imbibe often so $11 for a half full relatively small glass was tough. All of my friends enjoyed their entrees and we all enjoyed the ceviche and pork slider appetizers that we shared. The only complaint I heard was from the two girls who got steaks and decided not to send back their too rare steaks that also needed more of what they said was a good sauce.
When it came to getting nine different checks our server was totally fine about it and did an excellent job. He just warned us that it might take just a few extra minutes to make sure he got them all correct and in order. The checks came out in a stack in order of the way we were sitting, every one correct. Honestly, I was amazed. I've been places where they couldn't get 4 people's checks straight.
Service was timely, food was hot, server was constantly checking on us.
It was an all round really good experience.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We celebrated two family birthdays on a Sunday at 5:30 PM. It was not busy at that time and we got great service. I had the "Road to Mykonos" cocktail- it was excellent. We had a wide variety of entrees, and everyone thought their food was excellent. Free birthday goodies topped the meal off. This is not a budget choice but the quality of the food was worth the price. Want to go back to try other dishes. P.S. We are not big time casino goers!!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Great late hours options. Specializing in street food done right. All food is made to order so it takes a little time to deliver to your table. Excellent quality and service.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The staff here make you feel like family! We sat at the bar and watched pizza dough making, fresh fired meats cooking, and chatted with the iceest and most knowledgeable of cook staff. Management also checked with us to make sur ur experience was positive. Been back 4 times!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We had very poor service.
After waiting 20 minutes to place our order, we left after 45 minutes waiting for our order to arrive.
Server said "They were confused who was taking care of us".
Everything was overpriced and the service was terrible.