Motel 6 Richland - Kennewick
US$ 140
US$ 123
TownePlace Suites
US$ 143
All reviewsroom was cleanthe tri citiesconditionerreceptionistdryer
Reviewed 10 November 2010

pros:
close to on ramp to highway,but did not hear any noise
slept very well here and felt safe
the room itself is clean and comfortable
next door to a super Chinese buffet and a Zips Hamburger and Fish restaurant across the street

Cons:
you may run into a young lady in the evening shift with hardly no humor at all and seemed like she didn't want to be there attitude.
Housekeeping needs to tone down on the noise in the mornings when people are trying to sleep.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arwen_Windwalker
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I have stayed here before, but thought I would enter another review. Stayed 3 nights on another geocaching holiday in nearby Walla Walla (about 47 miles away.)

Like my previous visit to this motel, I found it a good basic motel, conveniently located near the freeway (but could not hear the traffic.) Stayed a different room but the experience was consistent. Queen bed, table, 19" TV, 1/2 bath (shower-only). Really surprised how many channels were available on cable. Access is from outside on a balcony walkway, so security and visibility is very good.

Right next door is "Wall of China Chinese Super Buffet." Didn't eat here this time but had a nice conversation with an employee. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank BreadBc
Reviewed 4 July 2007

I stayed at this hotel July 2007. It was clean overall and the pool is very nice for a Motel 6. The queen bed was a bit uncomfortable as it was harder than mattress's I am use to. I felt like I could smell odor on the pillows from prior guests- that bugged me as I just would rather smell a bleachy clean smell.
They do not have coffee in the rooms-but they are not too bad.
I was emailed that check-in was anytime after the noon hour.
I arrived at 12:45 and when I attempted to check in-the two ladies at the desk were acting extremely put out by my arrival-as though they would not allow me to check in at all.
They were not going to until I told one of them that I received an email that stated it was not too early to do so. Then one of them got on thier computer and voiced outloud how others would be moved to accomodate me and how inconvenient it would be for them!?
Finally, I went to my room. Then later I attempted to purchase a bottled water from thier vending machine and lost 2.00 as it would not give me anything.
I went to the desk and reported it. The same young lady acted as though I was lying about the loss and finally she gave me the monies back.
I ended up asking her if she had any training for her desk position as she did not seem very polite. Aside from the cold reception, the hotel will save monies and the maids were really nice and proffessional.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank AKGlobetrotter
Reviewed 31 March 2005

This is a typical Motel 6. The cleanliness is okay,the rooms are spartan,the bed is okay. Hey,for $50 a night,what do you want???? I normally stay at much higher quality Hotels but The Tri Cities had a religous convention in town and I was lucky to get a room period.

• Stayed: June 2004