All reviewsfull kitchenburner stovethe breakfast areabedroom suitestay park flyaverage experienceairport shuttlesleep qualitymarriott hotelswould stay here againfit the billlight raillong term parkingboiled eggsanother guestyogurtshopping and restaurants
Reviewed 20 September 2017

First and foremost, I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel. I often stay at Marriott properties such as Towneplace, Fairfield, Courtyard etc. I've always had great experiences. Therefore, I expected the same from this hotel. I'm not a picky traveler and I don't expect much accept for a comfortable and safe stay.

I was checked in by front desk agent Jeb. Check in was smooth. I grab my bags and go to my room. When I walk in I noticed a very odd smell, smelled like the carpet was wet and didn't properly dry. I didn't think much of it, I opened the windows thinking perhaps airing it out will help. I left and grabbed food from the nearby shopping center.

I get back to the room, the smell was still there. It smelled a lot worse near the AC. Perhaps, there was a leak but I wasn't sure. So, I go to the front desk and request to change rooms. Front desk agent Jeb said she couldn't change my room because they were overbooked. So, I went back to my room and tried to stick it out. I kept the window open but it just wasn't helping.

So, I decided to check out. When I went to the front desk to inform Jeb I was checking it out. I was quite surprised that her first response was "well we still have to charge you". Wow!! She made no attempt at resolving the issue. Perhaps even offering maintenance or housekeeping to come by my room would of been nice. Sure, as heck made me feel like my business was not valued.

I stayed 2.43 hours at this hotel and I was charged $133.75 (a full night). See attached picture. I guess as long as the dollar is good forget your comfort. I will not stay at this property ever again. For a Marriott property, it's very disappointing. Surely, not the Marriott standard.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
7  Thank Mark P
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Hello. I'm sorry that we didn't uphold your expectation for a Marriott property, and I apologize that my staff didn't do a better job resolving your issue while you were at the hotel. Please contact me directly at the hotel, so I can resolve this issue in a more appropriate way. Again, I apologize it wasn't addressed more effectively in the beginning.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The two room suites are a good value compared to what other rooms are going for in Seattle these days.

Clean hotel. Breakfast room could be bigger.

Conveniently located by two major freeways and SeaTac airport.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I'm happy you found the 2-room bedroom suite as a great value for your hotel needs. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Seattle area.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We stayed at the Townplace Suites for 2 days of a Seattle wedding. What a great base to play from! The room wasn't too huge, and we used the sofabed so the walkways were narrow. But it worked! Very comfortable bed and sofabed. The room stayed dark in the morning which was great - we were exhausted!
Great location - easy access to the 405 or 5. Lots of restaurants/bars nearby and of course, IKEA! We wandered up to Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park for a waterfront stroll. Great views of Bellevue in the distance.
Breakfast was one of the best I've had at a hotel. Beatrice Martinez and company kept everything hot and full - great eggs, sausages, coffee, juice, even rice and miso!
Would stay here again even though we never got to use the cute pool!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for wonderful comments and feedback about the hotel and staff. Beatrice is one of our amazing staff members, and who truly exemplifies Marriott’s culture of “Spirit to Serve”. I’m happy you found the location of the hotel to be convenient for the adventures you took while in the Seattle area. Thank you again for staying with us and come back during the summer when our outdoor pool was inviting and refreshing.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We were sent here by American air when they cancelled our flight and couldn't rebook until after midnight. The front desk was very nice. They have a free shuttle from SeaTac The rooms all have small stoves big fridge reg coffee pots with Starbucks microwave. Clean. Our room had a queen bed. Tv is small.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you for your comments, and I’m sorry for the inconvenience due to your flight. I’m happy we were able to provide you some quiet time during an unexpected stressful trip. I hope the remaining time of traveling was more relaxing for you. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Traveling with mum and dog. NOTE: Use the "Do Not Disturb" sign as well as the ones indicating there is a pet in the room. Housekeeping will come in if you don't. Plenty of green space to walk the dog, potty bags provided, although it took me a while to find the station at the opposite end of the building I was staying in. Parking lot is well lit and mostly quiet at night.

2-bedroom suite with living area and full kitchen including a 4-burner stove and oven. Smallest one I've ever seen, but it worked perfectly. Dishes, flatware, and cookware all provided. No ice maker in fridge, only 1 ice tray, so spent a lot of time walking over to other building to ice machine. Decor is very contemporary and the unit was clean with new ContainerStore Elfa shelving units in the closets.

Pool and outdoor grill area were used extensively by the soccer team kids staying at the hotel. Unfortunately, they ran rampant all over the property, including up and down the stairs and the hallways. My unit was an end unit right next to the stairs, and we could hear every step of people going up and down, running or walking. Hotel won't do anything about it until 9pm.

Agree with a previous reviewer - breakfast area way too small for size of hotel. We ended up sitting on a bench in the lobby 2 of the 3 mornings we ate there. Food was good, and there was a reasonable selection, but getting to it was a major traffic jam.

Close to interstate, shopping and restaurants. In a large commercial/light industrial area that is empty on the weekends, so very little traffic and noise. Would stay again.

Room Tip: End units close to stairs hear every step up and down
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and your feedback. I’m happy to hear you found plenty of space to walk your dog, and you found the 2 bedroom suite met your needs during your stay. Your feedback has provided us an opportunity to improve our services for future guests at the hotel. Thank you again for staying with us.