“Good Value near SeaTac Airport”

TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Renton
Reviewed 4 October 2017

In nearby Renton, about 4 miles from the airport, this property is clean and efficient. The shuttle can be summoned by just picking up a hotel phone near the entrance of the airport and arrives within 15 minutes. Check in is easy and the 4 story building has elevators and stairs, take your pick. They offer free shuttle back to the airport where you can pick up the Seattle light rail and take a 30 minute ride into downtown Seattle for only $6 roundtrip ($2 for seniors) the light rail is pretty cool, clean and fast. Complimentary newspaper and breakfast is served in the main building. We stayed in an adjoining building across the parking lot from the front office and breakfast area.

Room Tip: There are two buildings, you may want to stay in the same building where breakfast is served.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

First and foremost, I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel. I often stay at Marriott properties such as Towneplace, Fairfield, Courtyard etc. I've always had great experiences. Therefore, I expected the same from this hotel. I'm not a picky traveler and I don't expect much accept for a comfortable and safe stay.

I was checked in by front desk agent Jeb. Check in was smooth. I grab my bags and go to my room. When I walk in I noticed a very odd smell, smelled like the carpet was wet and didn't properly dry. I didn't think much of it, I opened the windows thinking perhaps airing it out will help. I left and grabbed food from the nearby shopping center.

I get back to the room, the smell was still there. It smelled a lot worse near the AC. Perhaps, there was a leak but I wasn't sure. So, I go to the front desk and request to change rooms. Front desk agent Jeb said she couldn't change my room because they were overbooked. So, I went back to my room and tried to stick it out. I kept the window open but it just wasn't helping.

So, I decided to check out. When I went to the front desk to inform Jeb I was checking it out. I was quite surprised that her first response was "well we still have to charge you". Wow!! She made no attempt at resolving the issue. Perhaps even offering maintenance or housekeeping to come by my room would of been nice. Sure, as heck made me feel like my business was not valued.

I stayed 2.43 hours at this hotel and I was charged $133.75 (a full night). See attached picture. I guess as long as the dollar is good forget your comfort. I will not stay at this property ever again. For a Marriott property, it's very disappointing. Surely, not the Marriott standard.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
7  Thank Mark P
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Hello. I'm sorry that we didn't uphold your expectation for a Marriott property, and I apologize that my staff didn't do a better job resolving your issue while you were at the hotel. Please contact me directly at the hotel, so I can resolve this issue in a more appropriate way. Again, I apologize it wasn't addressed more effectively in the beginning.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The two room suites are a good value compared to what other rooms are going for in Seattle these days.

Clean hotel. Breakfast room could be bigger.

Conveniently located by two major freeways and SeaTac airport.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We stayed at the Townplace Suites for 2 days of a Seattle wedding. What a great base to play from! The room wasn't too huge, and we used the sofabed so the walkways were narrow. But it worked! Very comfortable bed and sofabed. The room stayed dark in the morning which was great - we were exhausted!
Great location - easy access to the 405 or 5. Lots of restaurants/bars nearby and of course, IKEA! We wandered up to Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park for a waterfront stroll. Great views of Bellevue in the distance.
Breakfast was one of the best I've had at a hotel. Beatrice Martinez and company kept everything hot and full - great eggs, sausages, coffee, juice, even rice and miso!
Would stay here again even though we never got to use the cute pool!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for wonderful comments and feedback about the hotel and staff. Beatrice is one of our amazing staff members, and who truly exemplifies Marriott’s culture of “Spirit to Serve”. I’m happy you found the location of the hotel to be convenient for the adventures you took while in the Seattle area. Thank you again for staying with us and come back during the summer when our outdoor pool was inviting and refreshing.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I stayed here 2 nights while visiting friends in Renton. The hotel is well located where it is fairly quiet. The rooms are comfortable, but mine had a very strong perfume smell. My guess is that they use a lot of deodorizer in the rooms. This affects my allergies so I requested assistance from the front desk. The employees handled this wonderfully. They got someone from maintenance to installed a room ionizer to help with the odor. I also opened the windows as far as possible. They didn't open more than about 5 inches.

If perfume odors bother you as much as they bother me I would recommend not bothering booking with this hotel. Otherwise it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for staying with us, as well as, your feedback regarding your stay. Please accept my apology for the perfume odor in your room. I’m happy to hear my staff was able to correct the issue for you. Our housekeeping staff uses an air freshener that should not detract from the overall room experience. We’ve taken your comments back to housekeeping staff to assist in training the staff to avoid future issues for guests. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience it had caused. I hope you will give us another opportunity to gain your loyalty.