All reviews full kitchen burner stove the breakfast area bedroom suite stay park fly average experience airport shuttle sleep quality marriott hotels would stay here again fit the bill light rail long term parking boiled eggs yogurt comfortable bed shopping and restaurants
Reviewed 10 June 2017

The best worst experience... the front desk operations are too worst.. and be careful before you opt this.. lot of bugs in the bed..... better go for other option....The font desk operators are so reckless when dealing with the guests

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Deva N
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

I'm very sorry to hear of your bad experience. Please contact me at the hotel directly, so I can better address your experience and concerns.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I stayed for three nights. First night, I woke up at 2:45am to get my. bags out the car. Then I couldn't get back in the building. I was stranded outside for 5-10 min. The front office was locked. As a courtesy, she could had help with the bags, but she didn't.

Second day, I went to get breakfast because I missed breakfast that stop serving at 9:30 am. When I returned, I couldn't get back in the building. I went to the front office and a guy walked to my room and told me the battery is low on the door. Then I went out all day and return around 8pm. Before I left, I check the door again. I couldn't get in my room. I explained to the front desk that someone was supposed to change the battery on the door. So they sent someone to change the battery while I went out.

Third, day....I check my bill and didn't realizes my rates was up 95.00, 115.00 and its 129.00. I thought it would be fixed rated. I called Marriott International through a relay call because I am deaf (also happened to be black). They called the hotel manager if she would keep the rate at 95.00, but the manager declined. Before I hang up, I said that I request housekeeping and the guy at the front desk just stare at me. I don't know why, before we hang up, the caller says she will call the hotel manager back and request for housekeeping.

I was out all day enjoying fun in the sun. When I came back to the room around 11pm, I checked the room and saw housekeeping came. As I was getting ready to go out to do my Laundry, there was a small hole on the outside of the bathroom door. It wasn't even there when I stayed for two crazy nights. I couldn't believe I went to FRONT DESK AGAIN and say there is a hole on the door!!! I am SOOOOOOO disappointed and don't know if they just treating me nasty and spiteful. I never stayed at Townes Suite by Marriott . It was my first. I thought I was at Residence Inn.... but oops! I really think this place should co business with Extended Stay not Marriott.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel and the staff. I’m apologize our staff wasn’t more accommodating during your stay with us; we take every opportunity of service to be helpful with all our guests, and we fell short of your expectations during the time with us. Your explanation allows us to improve our service through additional training with my team. Again, thank you for the feedback and I apologize we fell short of your expectations.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Rooms have been somewhat renovated, but the hallways are circa 1970 and it is obvious it used to be a smoker's haven. The internet is a challenge during the day and pretty much nonexistent in the evenings.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Thank you for your recent feedback. I sorry you found the internet challenging during your stay, and I understand the frustration of not being able to remain productive during your time with us. We do make every effort to maintain a non-smoking hotel, which is a brand standard for Marriott, and we enforce that policy when it is brought to our attention. If you have an opportunity, please contact me directly so I can determine your room number to see if there was a particular issue with your room area. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

This hotel that is not too far from the freeway, about a mile or so. The rooms were very clean, the breakfast was tasty - lots of choices - and the staff was very friendly. I would stay here again next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a non attached room. You can hear the people next door watching tv.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time with your comments and feedback. I’m happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the breakfast full of tasty choices. My staff and I are looking forward to seeing you again when you are back in the area.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

I spent 2 weeks at this property on business, which gave me a nice long time to really evaluate everything and form an opinion on the overall experience. And unfortunately, that opinion is a little mixed. Details below:

Check in/Service: Perfect. This was one of my most memorable check in experiences in quite some time. The woman who assisted me (wish I remembered her name) couldn’t have been more courteous and welcoming and spent almost 5 minutes explaining every detail of the hotel. The rest of the staff I encountered were all top-notch and very friendly. High marks here.

Grounds/Facility: I didn’t encounter any issues with basic maintenance. The property seemed well-maintained overall. There are 2 buildings, though most amenities are located in the building where the lobby is. If you end up in the second building, it’s just a quick walk across the parking lot.

Breakfast: Poor. The staff seems to be doing their best, but the space (which appears to be a converted hotel room) is completely inadequate for the size of the hotel. There is never any seating available since there are (no joke) 3 tables crammed against the wall. And to make things worse, the food quality was well below average. By my 3rd day I was just grabbing a muffin and jumping in the car.

Room: Above average. I had a very comfortable queen size bed with great linens, a sofa (which pulls out into another bed if needed), and one of the best kitchens I’ve seen at an extended stay hotel. You get plenty of cooking utensils and an actual 4-burner stove with a legit oven. I’m used to just having a 2-burner cooktop and a microwave. The closet was also extremely functional with lots of bins and storage options. Add in the huge desk and roomy bathroom and you have a winning combination. This was a very easy space to live out of for 2 weeks, and that’s saying a lot for a hotel. Cleanliness was mostly on point with the exception of the microwave (some specs of food), and one other BIG issue. I knocked the bag of pull out sofa linens out of the closet, and while picking it up, I noticed the blanket—which was still inside the sealed bag—was absolutely covered in long hairs, crumbs… you name it. The whole thing was disgusting. This would imply that someone put dirty used linens back inside the bag for another guest to use. That’s a disturbing practice, and I hope this was just a fluke. In any case, carefully inspect the linens if you plan to use the pull out sofa here.

Random bits:
-Guest laundry is $3 per load (wash & dry). Machines are well-maintained. There are 2 washers per building. Laundry baskets are provided in each room.
-This place can be very noisy. There were times that I could hear conversations in the room next to me word for word, and I could hear every foot step in the room above me. Seems like poor construction/sound insulation.

Overall, this property is a mixed bag. Fine place to stay, but definitely room for improvement.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Missouri2Mexico
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Thank you for your recent comments and feedback regarding the hotel and your stay. I appreciate your detailed account of your stay and I’m sorry you encountered an issue with the linens for the sofa. We make every effort to ensure our staff is thoroughly cleaning and inspecting the room. I’ve talked with my team, since this is an area of opportunity for improvement. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope to see you again when you are in the Seattle area.