All reviews full kitchen burner stove the breakfast area bedroom suite stay park fly average experience airport shuttle sleep quality marriott hotels would stay here again fit the bill light rail long term parking boiled eggs yogurt comfortable bed shopping and restaurants
Reviewed 12 March 2017

I spent 2 weeks at this property on business, which gave me a nice long time to really evaluate everything and form an opinion on the overall experience. And unfortunately, that opinion is a little mixed. Details below:

Check in/Service: Perfect. This was one of my most memorable check in experiences in quite some time. The woman who assisted me (wish I remembered her name) couldn’t have been more courteous and welcoming and spent almost 5 minutes explaining every detail of the hotel. The rest of the staff I encountered were all top-notch and very friendly. High marks here.

Grounds/Facility: I didn’t encounter any issues with basic maintenance. The property seemed well-maintained overall. There are 2 buildings, though most amenities are located in the building where the lobby is. If you end up in the second building, it’s just a quick walk across the parking lot.

Breakfast: Poor. The staff seems to be doing their best, but the space (which appears to be a converted hotel room) is completely inadequate for the size of the hotel. There is never any seating available since there are (no joke) 3 tables crammed against the wall. And to make things worse, the food quality was well below average. By my 3rd day I was just grabbing a muffin and jumping in the car.

Room: Above average. I had a very comfortable queen size bed with great linens, a sofa (which pulls out into another bed if needed), and one of the best kitchens I’ve seen at an extended stay hotel. You get plenty of cooking utensils and an actual 4-burner stove with a legit oven. I’m used to just having a 2-burner cooktop and a microwave. The closet was also extremely functional with lots of bins and storage options. Add in the huge desk and roomy bathroom and you have a winning combination. This was a very easy space to live out of for 2 weeks, and that’s saying a lot for a hotel. Cleanliness was mostly on point with the exception of the microwave (some specs of food), and one other BIG issue. I knocked the bag of pull out sofa linens out of the closet, and while picking it up, I noticed the blanket—which was still inside the sealed bag—was absolutely covered in long hairs, crumbs… you name it. The whole thing was disgusting. This would imply that someone put dirty used linens back inside the bag for another guest to use. That’s a disturbing practice, and I hope this was just a fluke. In any case, carefully inspect the linens if you plan to use the pull out sofa here.

Random bits:
-Guest laundry is $3 per load (wash & dry). Machines are well-maintained. There are 2 washers per building. Laundry baskets are provided in each room.
-This place can be very noisy. There were times that I could hear conversations in the room next to me word for word, and I could hear every foot step in the room above me. Seems like poor construction/sound insulation.

Overall, this property is a mixed bag. Fine place to stay, but definitely room for improvement.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Missouri2Mexico
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Thank you for your recent comments and feedback regarding the hotel and your stay. I appreciate your detailed account of your stay and I’m sorry you encountered an issue with the linens for the sofa. We make every effort to ensure our staff is thoroughly cleaning and inspecting the room. I’ve talked with my team, since this is an area of opportunity for improvement. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope to see you again when you are in the Seattle area.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

We have travelled extensively with our family pet and are always looking for hotels that are pet friendly so when one advertises itself as pet friendly and turns out to be a bold faced lie we need to let the world know to stay away. This hotel said they were yet they charge a $100 non refundable pet fee.

Shame on you Marriott!!! We have stayed at many nice and nicer hotels all over Canada and the USA that welcome us and our well behaved pet without gouging for the privilege of accepting our business.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Thank you for your feedback and comments. I'm sorry if you felt our pet friendly policy at the hotel was falsely advertised. TownePlace Suites and other Marriott brands are pet friendly, and our pet policy is stated on our hotel page as a non-refundable fee of $100. All pets and owners are always welcome at the TownePlace Suites. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again when in the Seattle area.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

My husband and I stayed only for 1 night, but we will definitly come back when we're in the area. Front desk agent Jon was extremely friendly and helpful, really made us feel welcome. I was waiting for a package and he had it ready for me in a second. Hotel is close to shopping, our room was clean and comfortable. We didn't take advantage of breakfast as it's served until 9am and we slept in. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitly come back when we're in the area.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Mike S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel and acknowledgement of Jon. He's one of our fabulous team members who embody the "Spirit to Serve" of Marriott. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

This was a nice apartment like 2 bedroom suite with advantages of a kitchen and privacy of seperate rooms for family members. Nice staff, standard breakfast,clean modern rooms & shuttle to SEATAC but out of the way of traffic & noise closer to airport.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2016

I would stay here again. The location was very convenient for my husbands client visits, as well as having a good office desk space when he worked in the room. It was quiet enough to be an excellent work (And sleep) place. It's close enough to jump on to highways yet far away enough you don't hear them. Everything you need from grocery stores, to services like hair cuts, nails, great sushi, etc. is nearby.
I really liked the set up of our suite. The space and scale was perfect for two. The kitchen came fully equipped, full sized appliances with enough space to move around in. The bath was roomy enough for two to get ready at the same time.
I appreciated the comfort of the mattress, as I really slept well here.
My only frustration was housekeeping did not replenish coffee or complete bath supplies and we had to stop by the office. The office staff was great.
There is a shuttle service also to and from the airport.
The exterior has a neighborhood feel to it, with grill areas, park benches and lovely trees

Room Tip: Liked being on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business