Cave B Inn & Spa Resort
  • Free Internet
US$ 82
US$ 147
US$ 137
SureStay Hotel by Best Western Wenatchee(East Wenatchee)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
Orbitz.com
US$ 133
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewscliff housetasting roomwine tastingcolumbia rivercavern roomconcert weekendtendrils restaurantgorge amphitheaterhiked downmain buildingprivate patiohiking trailswedding partysoaking tubthe entire staffsized bedcalled the front desk
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Horrible. Stay very far away. Filthy rooms with old furniture. Dead mouse on our patio, awful check in experience, no amenities. Seriously, none.

Food and service at the restaurant was laughably bad.

Prices suggest a four star experience but I've had better stays in dingy motels. This is legitimately the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank boonelee
Allison C, Marketing and Events at Cave B Inn & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

I am sorry to hear about your experience with us and I genuinely empathize with you. We have taken your words to heart and will continue to strive for perfection. Your experience is not our standard practice, and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to show you how true that is. Each room has been meticulously inspected and updated to reflect the true expectations of the new ownership. However, growth is never temporary, we will continue to strive for perfection everyday and in everything that we do. Again, I am disappointed to hear about your experience and I truly hope that you will join us this year to experience Cave B the way we vision it.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I stayed in a Cavern Room (22) and enjoyed my room (once they moved me upstairs...as Room 21 had carpet 'issues". The room was lovely with a view of the Gorge and River (so stay on upper floor), comfortable bed and nice tub for soaking. Tendrils, dining was superb! The tenderloin was to perfect and the blue cheese butter sauce was to die for (great chef recipe!) Angie was an amazing and attentive server. But the highlight was sipping my Cave B Malbec (yes, not from Argentina!!) and looking at the star studded skies, hearing the coyotes in the wilderness and YES! I did see a shooting star!!!

Room Tip: Top floor, Gorge best view if a cavern room; Cliff house #15 would be awesome for a view 'up the Gorge Columbia River' if in your budget
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

So blessed to hear that you had such a wonderful time. Your description is the experience that we wish for every one of our guests!

I will definitely agree that Angie and our Malbec are AHHH-MAAA-ZING!!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us! Cave B is definitely the gem of Central Washington! It would be wonderful to have you back to share the same experience with the ones you love.

P.S. I hope your wish came true!!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

The Winery is great, but I give the Restaurant and hotel and F-.

Issue #1. I paid a pretty high price for one night in a cavern king room. When I got into my room I was very disappointed. There were dark stains all over the carpet and it looked as though a child had drawn on the walls.

Issue #2. We woke up Sunday morning and made a pot of coffee in our room. The pot was big enough for 2 cups of coffee then we were out of coffee. We wandered up to our reservation for brunch and we were turned away because the restaurant was full even though we had made a reservation. Out of coffee in the lobby too. I thought they may have other food options, but I thought wrong! No room service on Sundays. The $30 per person breakfast buffet is your only option (if you can even get a table)! Here we are at this expensive resort in the middle of no where with ZERO food options...

Issue #3. Lied to about amenities; We asked what the pool hours were and staff told us it was closed for the season. We later found out it is still being heated and far from closed as people we in the pool. We had our dog with us and we asked numerous times where we could and could not take the dog. Again dogs everywhere we were told the opposite.

I would not recommend this place until they re-invest back into the hotel, restaurant, and staff. They seemed very under staffed and overwhelmed. I have been to restaurants/ hotels of the came caliber that are half the price and a much better experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bmcneil99

I am deeply sorry to hear about your last experience with us. We have worked extensively throughout the winter on improving every aspect of our resort. All of the rooms have been shown special attention, including new flooring, paint, furniture and amenities. We have been working to instilling our vision and expectations in every department. We will continue to pursue every avenue that will perpetuate the level of service that is expected. It is our greatest desire to provide an outstanding experience for each and every guest. Please feel free to reach out to myself or the general manager if you would like to further discuss anything that is on your mind. Again, my deepest apologies that you were not able to enjoy yourself on your last visit. I hope that we have the opportunity to change your mind.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We celebrated our first wedding anniversary here at Cave B and we thought we would come back to celebrate anniversary number 12. In the past we have always stayed in one of the Cliff Houses, but they were all booked up this trip. Instead we snagged one of the rooms in the main lodge, room 30. I had everything planned for a romantic evening....first a nice dinner, then wine in the room, candles, soft music....you get the picture. But then loud music started playing in the room next to us. Our soft romantic music was drowned out. Seems a wedding party was suppose to use the pool area for a pre-wedding celebration, but because of the high winds they were offered the room next to ours. After about an hour of the walls vibrating I called the front desk to see how long this might last. 10:30 was the response I got. I shared it was really loud. They said they couldn't do anything but would let the morning desk know about it.
The celebration did indeed go on until they shut down shortly after 10 o'clock.
When we checked out in the morning, nothing was mentioned about the noise. I asked if they received a note and they said they did and had passed it on to management. They said they were sorry but there was nothing they could do but we could talk to the manager. MK, the manager, was quite nice and most professional. She listened to our concerns and offered a free night's stay in the future.

With the exception of the noise, our stay was quite nice. We have always loved the surroundings here at Cave B. Sunsets are usually spectacular, rooms are spacious and comfortable. We prefer the Cliff Houses but the lodge room was quite nice. The bed extremely comfortable, a HUGE tub, cozy fireplace. The location of the shower was a bit strange though...you have to go into the toilet room, shut the door and the shower is then to your left....just a bit odd having it in the same little room as the toilet.

We enjoy walking about the grounds here at Cave B. The views down to the river are exceptional. In the past we have hiked down to the river but this time with all the wind we stayed nearby....just walked over to peer into the Gorge amphitheatre.

We have stayed here at Cave B four times now and will continue to do so. We view the loud party an anomaly and appreciated the offer of a free night.

Room Tip: cliff houses are wonderful
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! It is always a pleasure and quite helpful hearing from such loyal customers such as yourself. Furthermore, I would like to thank you for choosing Cave B to celebrate such a special occasion year-after-year. I do apologize for the noisy neighbors that you experienced. But, thank you for including that the issue you experienced was addressed and personally handled by the general manager. She is extremely proactive and dedicated to excellence; a motto that she also perpetuates to all of the employees.

Again, thank you for allowing us to be a part of such a special day in your life. And we are definitely looking forward to taking care of you again this year.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I have stayed here every year for four years and I get the feeling it may be struggling. Our room was gorgeous and you really can't beat the views, but there were little extras in previous years that were missing this year. Also, I need to rate lower just because of the restaurant, Tendrils, which I will review separately. Regardless, we had a nice stay and I always say that the pool here is my favourite.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

I would first like to start by saying thank you for coming back year after year! And thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences with us.

We have spent all winter renovating and making vast improvements to the property. I assure you that no detail is going unattended. It is our greatest hope that we may provide each of our guests with the exact experience that they are looking for.

Please be sure to say hello during your next check-in. It would be a pleasure meeting you. As a reoccurring guest, I would like to personally answer any questions or comments that you may have.

Have a wonderful day!