“lost in translation” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Quincy
seattle
“lost in translation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

I'm always a very positive person! The view and hiking around this property is magnificent. The desert sounds and smells were very new. The hotel itself lacks the same. The dog poop and cigarette butts outside the door to my room was disturbing. When I asked the front desk to pick it up, they picked up one & left the rest, which hindered my 5 am walk from taking place, I stayed on my patio. The restaurant does not fit the surrounding environment. The menu does not offer enough verity and portions of food to let alone hike but make it from your room to the dining room. With that being said the staff was very helpful but the bill was explosive! I rate this portion of my stay a 1-2 of a 10. I purchased dessert, I was unable to carry the tray & dishes to my room on the poorly lite & uneven pathway to my room safely. Shame on you for doing this to your customers. I could not image hiking and wanting a nice meal and receiving 6 bites of duck and 2 bites of salad! My bill for a bottle of wine two Jacks and 2 meals that left my stomach growling at 3 am was $ 205.00. It is no wonder the place is for sale! Fix this and fast.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Steve T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We bought a Living Social because I've always wanted to stay here, but it's always been a bit pricey. With the Living Social deal, we got a taste for how incredible this place is and would definitely come back even without the deal.
When we arrived, we got a key to our own Cliffhouse which overlooked the Gorge river and was a few feet from the vineyard itself. Upon entering the cliff house we were greeted with wine glasses, luxurious robes, a fireplace, the most comfortable bed, and an incredible soaker tub.
After checking in we walked through the beautiful vineyards until we reached the tasting room. Tastes were only $6/person and that included exclusive Cave B wine glasses. We tasted 10 different wines - all delicious!
Later on we had dinner at their restaurant called Tendrils. We had a $100 gift certificate and used it all on 1 salad, 2 entrees, and 2 mixed drinks. It was very pricey and I believe, overpriced. My chicken entree was $30 and tasted pretty good, my husband got the pork bell for $30 and neither of us cared for it. It tasted like a unflavorful dried out pork chop. But in the morning it was redeemed - due to restaurant management changeover they didn't have a typical breakfast available so each guest received complimentary continental breakfast. It was so good! They had the best pastries I've ever had (fresh blueberry muffins and chocolate chip scones), yogurt & granola, fresh fruit, and various drinks. Definitely made up for the uneventful and overpriced dinner.
It was so hard to leave this place. If I had to describe it in one word, it'd be romantic. I can't wait to come back and even stay in a yurt!

Room Tip: Definitely pick a cliff house! We liked #14 because we were so close to the lodge.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rillabylund
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

We went in December so it snowed which only added to the adventure. It's a 3 hour drive from Seattle and during off season, the rates are very reasonable. They do close for a few weeks after Christmas so be sure to check before you make plans.

The Inn is very nice. We had a one-bedroom "Cliff House" which is a free standing building overlooking the Columbia Gorge/River. Fireplace with glass on 2 sides so you can enjoy it from the living room or the bedroom. The bathroom has a large glass shower and a soaking tub.

Nice materials used throughout - slate and wood with comfortable furniture. Coffee pot in the room is a nice plus. There's a dvd player and flat screen tv in the room with some movies to borrow in the lobby.

Our package included dinner in the restaurant which was amazing. Breakfast was great too. There is a winery and you can do a tasting. Also, a spa if you want more pampering.

We stayed here and used it as our base to do some hiking in the area. Quincy does not have much to offer in terms of restaurants or entertainment so be sure you bring or borrow movies, games and such.

There are concerts at the Gorge Amphitheater next door during the summer but I suspect the Inn gets pretty busy on concert weekends.

Room Tip: The Cliff House rooms all have gorge/river views with patios and furniture. The "yurts" a...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SunnyKobeCook
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Every once in a while I need to escape the cold in Spokane in early Winter and this just the spot. An oasis in the high desert, get it all in one place: hiking, great wine, cliffhouse room fireplace, delicious cuisine, and you can even bring your dog!

• Stayed November 2011
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

We were on a summer long weekend with our dogs. We pulled off in the middle of nowhere and used GPS to find somewhere to stay. Traveling with dogs often means you miss out on luxury--Cave B to the rescue! Our Cavern Room was clean, comfortable and well-appointed. Great bathroom and comfy bedThe floor-to-ceiling windows look out at the basalt cliffs of the Columbia River--that alone makes Cave B extraordinary. Each ground floor unit has a stone patio right outside and in a few steps more you can look down into the river. The view is stunning. And, there are great paths to walk on throughout the property. It is a clever set-up with parking at the far edge of the property and electric golf carts to shuttle you with your luggage. Very relaxing. Beautiful setting. We'll definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fudgehaze
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
39.8 km away
BEST WESTERN Rama Inn
BEST WESTERN Rama Inn
#1 of 3 in Ephrata
13.9 km away
The Suites at Crescent Bay Resort

Been to Cave B Estate Winery & Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK