“Not so pet friendly?” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
Sunny California
“Not so pet friendly?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

I made my reservations online well ahead of time, but since I was bringing my dog I wanted to make sure that was going to be ok. I emailed twice with no response...I called and they said everything was GOOD! When I got there they had an issue finding a 'pet friendly room'. They finally gave me a room that was on the list to have carpets cleaned (they had to check it to make sure it was made up). The 'pet fiendly' rooms appear to be the strip of rooms closest to the noisy highway (I mean NOISY). I guess barking would never be a problem here, but not so good for sleeping. The room was large and beds comfy. The visible pee (&?) stains on the carpet made the room smell. The TV had only two colors, blue and yellow. Certainly could have been worse, but sure could have been a LOT better! I stay in pet friendly places all the time and have never felt like I was booked into a substandard room in a substandard part of the establishment. Maybe the rest of the rooms are as good as everyone says in the reviews, but I was disappointed. My dog however, gives it a thumbs up.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MandragoraMaggie
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

The Poulsbo Inn is on a main street in the town of Poulsbo, Wa. It is not in the historic downtown area just so you know.
I personally think the outside pictures of the hotel on their website look alot better than in person, but it still is fine looking in person.
The room was clean and big and nice beds/decorations. It is only about a 5 min. drive to downtown historic Poulsbo.
If ever had to stay overnight in Poulsbo, I would stay here again, it is average but clean, so that is most important to me.

Room Tip: There are no elevators from what we could see, thankfully we were given a room on the 1st floor (jus...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kitteakat
Vancouver, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

My husband and I arrived at the Poulsbo Inn around 3:30pm on a Saturday for check in. We were excited about our get-away. We had booked the room through a known 3rd party website. At check in, we were told our room was not available. We had to ask all the questions here...very odd from our stay several years ago. We inquired when our room might be available. We were told "it won't be". What? "it didn't open up. It wasn't available when the known website booked it." My husband asked what do you have available? The clerk told us we have a 2 twin left. I said no way. We asked if there was other hotels in the area we could check. He told us the closest local was Bremerton (about 30 minutes drive away from the music festival we were planning to walk to). We left the Poulsbo Inn very disheartened, but on our way out of town (less than 3 minutes) we saw Guesthouse Inn & Suites. Suffice it to say wonderful friendly helpful and available King Suite.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank grasslandgirlcuervo

Travellers are raving about these Poulsbo hotels

Friday Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at the Poulsbo Inn for a night to check out the Clearwater Casino. Very affordable cute little place to stay. Our room was perfect, and looked like it had just been remodeled. Small but perfect size little pool, but we had forgotten out suits. Friendly staff and easily made our way to the casino and back with a shuttle. Just a quick mile drive away from downtown Poulsbo.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

Friendly staff, clean rooms, nice breakfast, good value!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
10.1 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Silverdale Beach Hotel
10.1 km away
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
14.0 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Island Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
18.5 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Bremerton

Been to Poulsbo Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK