“Strange Pool Hours”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Port Orchard
Vancouver, Canada
“Strange Pool Hours”
Reviewed 25 November 2010

Beware if travelling with kids and the pool is one of your reasons for staying here. The pool is not open until noon - which left me with a very disappointed 5 year old. Apparently the manager can't secure a pool maintenance guy until later on in the morning, so there it is. Otherwise an ok room, though it smelled like someone was smoking in our bathroom all night.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bozeman, MT
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I didn't expect too much coming to this hotel but I was hoping that my room would at least be clean. We arrived and got into our room right away and I quickly noticed how dirty the room was. I found a pill left on the floor from a former guest and the floor was rather dirty. The refrigerator door had some nasty gunk on it that I had to wipe off myself. The bathroom walls were very dirty with stains from water or something on them.

We made a reservation for 4, yet they only provided us with 3 towels and 3 washcloths in the room. Each day they changed the towels they still only put 3 back in the room when it was obvious there were 4 of us.

The beds were rather uncomfortable and gave me a back ache. Of course I'm not used to sleeping in a different bed but we just switched to a different hotel and the bed is nice and comfy and doesn't hurt my back.

The pool was nice, small, but it worked.... there was a dirty used bandaid on the floor in the pool area however.

The location was fine, I wish there was more of a variety of resteraunts in the area. There is a Shari's, Dairy Queen & McDonalds right by the hotel.

I got a discount on the rate for staying a certain number of nights... without that discount this hotel is not worth the price. I would not stay here again unless I didn't have any other options.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Port Orchard hotels

Denver, CO
Reviewed 4 August 2010

While there is nothing particularly unique about this hotel, we were very pleased with our stay here. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The location is well-kept and has convenient access to the main highway. The staff is friendly and the breakfast was definitely above average.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James_the_Explorer
Connecticut
Reviewed 9 October 2009

The hotel was okay overall. The rooms seemed clean and my kids enjoyed the pool, however after a certain hour in the evening, the pool is adult only. This makes it difficult when your kids want to swim a little before bed. The breakfast was average and was frequently restocked. We stayed there with extended family and there are no common areas to hang-out and socialize. The front desk service was about the worst I have ever encountered. One female staff was clueless, another female staff was extremely rude and the males were just useless. A member of our party checked in but her room wasn't ready so we left to sight see, when we returned the second shift had given her room away and the hotel was full! No one could take care of it and the desk clerk blamed it on us for returning too late. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
USA
Reviewed 21 February 2009

I have stayed here several times and everytime the staff has been very courteous and helpful. The hotel is clean, quiet and a great value. They have a modest breakfast available in the morning. Not having a restaurant in the hotel is not a problem because there are three just across the street. I will continue to stay here anytime I am in the area. The pool is a great addition and very relaxing.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
Oyster Bay Inn & Suites
#5 of 8 in Bremerton
20.9 km away
Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites

Been to Days Inn Port Orchard? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK