All reviews marmalade jeep ride highest peak coffee plantation an adventure off road usual routine swimming pool natural spring starts right city life great person eco resort hairpin bends perfect weekend entire area resort located
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Warm welcome by the manager, Mr. Sunil, who is really encouraging, explained us everything i detail. His co-operation and Hospitality towards the guests encourages us to stay for more days in the resort and he is an unforgettable personality.
We, the family was of a 6 members team, booked for 3 cottages- Rock House, Tree House and a Wooden cottage. The rooms were extra clean, neatly maintained premises, lovely drizzling of rain, Humming of birds throughout the day, lovely scenaries from the rooms and a bathat natural stream made our stay more comfortable.
The food at the resort was homely, delicious, served with excellent hospitality by the sraffs Selvam, Vishnu and team. Mr. Sunil, the manager was taking much care on each aspects and made our stay more memorable and comfortable.
Thrilling and enjoyable Off road journey to the resort by their four wheel jeep.
Property within 30 acres of a lovely coffee plantation on the hill top with beautiful scenarios down.
The early morning treching to the Dorai Cave on the extreme top boundary of the property and bath at the natural stream is an excellent experience during our 3 days stay. Children were enjoyed very much.

Overall the stay at Marmalade Springs resort was a wonderful experience. Whenever you visit Wayanad/Kerala, we would suggest to make your stay at this resort. I am sure that the sweet memories of enjoying the nature will remain throughout in your life time.
Thanks and Regards,
Prethish Kovoor&Family
Aluva, Ernakulam

Stayed: August 2018
3  Thank InfoG8
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We had been for a day with a couple of friends as a weekend getaway. We parked the car below the hill and was picked up by a hotel staff in their Jeep. A two 2km uphill off roading experience was really exciting. Once v reached the cottage, we were really surprised to find out that the cottage has been functioning since 2005 and still, it looks raw and fresh! The staffs have done an excellent job in maintaining place clean and fresh. The manager Mr.Sunil had personally made sure, throughout our stay, that we are satisfied with all the services they had provided. Each and every staffs were very helpful. We had a great experience and am sure nobody will have a bad review about the place once you visit. I highly recommend the location especially to those who likes to have a bit of off road experience.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hisam A
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days with my family, and I can say this is right up there, among one of the best resorts I have ever stayed till date. I have travelled extensively in the hillstations of South India and have stayed in places like CGH earth, sterling, GRT etc and I can say this is right up there with the best. To start with, the location of this place is blissful. Their warm and courteous staffakes sure you feel comfortable. Special mention to Mr.Sunil (resort manager) for his help and hospitality. He made sure everything was looked properly upon from food to snacks to transportation from up and down the hill and also helped us with the tourist destinations nearby. His staff reflects the same attitude as they all were very warm and welcoming. We got really good Kerala food and the rooms were kept clean and tidy. We booked wooden cottage for our 2 days stay. I badly wanted to try the tree house but I'm sure there's a next time here, because the place was that good !
Keep up the good work Joe and team !!
PS - you can see more pics and videos of this resort in my Instagram (Jose Hilary - @jose.hilary )

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank josehilary
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We went to Marmalade springs for our honeymoon, and my partner booked the honeymoon package as a surprise. On their website, they had promised a flowered bed, a trek to a cave and lunch, a bonfire, a romantic candlelit dinner with a cake. For that they charged us 24,000 rs. Unfortunately, when we showed up, none of the promised items were delivered, except for a “candlelit” dinner that we had to repeatedly request next to the pool, as per the website — but that was denied. The candle was a broken, battery-operated night light, and they got us an unpalatable cheap cake from a local bakery in kalpetta. The food was terrible and we didn’t eat after a long day in Wayanad.

The tree house was nice, but the water was dirty — ranged from light green to dark green (even after we complained, photos attached). The tap on the sink was broken so we either got water hot enough to be scalded or totally cold water. The toilet was leaking. One out of 2 towels they left us smelled bad - improperly laundered.

When we complained and said we would leave a bad review, the owner said I was threatening him. This was extremely insensitive as I was the only woman in the resort (there were no other guests and the few women employees leave at night) and was feeling vulnerable anyway. The resort is inaccessible except by 4x4 so we couldn’t really leave when we wanted — which makes his comment even more inexplicable.

After 2 hours of arguing with this insensitive man on the phone, his wife finally apologised, and offered us a free night stay if we return— but we will not be doing that given that our honeymoon was such a let down. They gave us a 4000₹ discount, but we could’ve had the same tree house for much cheaper if we’d booked on agoda. We chose not to because we wanted the honeymoon package. My partner had called Joseph up ahead of time to let him know he wanted this to be special, this was very important, they exchanged emails and he paid half the sum in advance. So it is incredible that the hoteliers would have no qualms about spoiling someone’s honeymoon. If they can’t deliver, they shouldn’t promise — else it’s false advertising.

I’d advise to book elsewhere if you are planning for something special. Else, book for much cheaper on one of those discount websites. Overall, terrible customer service and the owners have no issues cheating the customer. The location is scenic and the cabins are pretty, however.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Joe2779, Owner at Marmalade Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

We are extremely sorry for disappointing you on your honeymoon, as I repeatedly mentioned to your husband we are very passionate about Marmalade Springs and the service we provide. Above all we value a promise . Due to the negligence of my manager the flower bed and fruit basket was not provided as agreed upon . This should have never happened .
I have already asked for the resignation of my manager.
Also because of this we offered a discount of 4000 rs . We also offered a free nite stay on the basis that your husband said that he loved the property and would love to return .
We provide a lantern for the honeymoon dinner during monsoon because of the heavy wind during this period, we have come to realise that’s the best option. Trust me a candle is not practical during monsoon.

Ma’am as we mention , we offer authentic Kerala and South Indian dishes . Of course you are entitled to your opinion.
As you were the only guest,You had a jeep exclusively to your disposal, you could have checked out at any time you wanted. Besides the water you raised the issues only around 6.30 AM at the time of your checkout , during bill settlement.
You kept mentioning to me over the phone,that you would destroy our reputation and write about us every where possible . What was I supposed to say . All I said was that you have the freedom to express your view . If that was insensitive of me . I am sorry but what else was I supposed to do or say.
The source of the water in our bathroom is from a natural spring from within our estate , it goes through 2 separate water filters so it’s extremely hygienic. It’s pure as ever , but as you say it was a bit green that day , it must be cause of the heavy rains . Hence we have decided to look into bore well water during the monsoon, again we want our guest to be extremely comfortable and happy with us , even if it means providing hard water for two months in a year plus it should be helpful during summer.
Also the taps we use are high quality jaguar fittings, the respective sides provide hot and cold water. We also carry out maintenance work on a regular basis. We just have 12 rooms so I can personally check these aspects regularly.
on the checkout day you sent me screen shots of rates on agoda and other sites , as I tired to explain to you those rates were exclusive of taxes and food.
Again we are sorry specially to your husband , we do realise discounts and resignations wont bring back your honeymoon. Sir as you said , if you return , I will personally make sure you have the best of time .

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Rock cave room experience was very different, just like the drive from and to Resort. Different varieties of food and very good hospitality. Courteous staff, especially the location manager Mr. Sunil.

Room Tip: If possible choose Rock cave rooms and stay for more than 1 day.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank cheenur80

Thanks a lot for your encouraging and kind review