“Great Food”

Ranked #16 of 369 Restaurants in Olympia
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Designed with the entire family in mind, we strive to meet and exceed guest expectations by offering the friendly and familiar with a unique and unusual twist.The fare is fresh and local. The burgers are the best in town, Natural Northwest beef hand forged and full of flavor. The root beer is made right here in the restaurant. The bar boasts rotating craft beers, from European imports to neighborhood favorites. And the desserts? There’s a reason we list them on the front of the menu.If you have dietary concerns, tell us about it and we’ll make it right. Special orders or substitutions? No problem! The way you want it is the right way.
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is bigger than it looks and they also serve dinner in a separate bar. The food is delicious with high quality ingredients. Cocktails are also scrumptious. Portions are perfect or maybe it tastes so great that we never have to have a doggie bag. This is worth the visit. We enjoy it so much that we are frequent customers.

Christian S, Front Office Manager at The Iron Rabbit Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! We're delighted to hear that you consistently enjoy your food. If you're not already a part of our Rabbit Rewards program, make sure to ask your server for details on your next visit. We offer lots of great rewards for our regulars. -Ami, Operations Manager

Reviewed 27 July 2018

You can find elicious breakfast choices and good coffee at the Iron Rabbit. We, three of us, had breakfast and everyone had something different and everyone enjoyed the food.

Christian S, Front Office Manager at The Iron Rabbit Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for dining with us for brunch, and taking the time to write this review! Our brunch is served every Saturday and Sunday from 9am-2pm. We hope to see you again soon. -Ami, Operations Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We stopped here on this frying pan hot day.
I ordered the buffalo chicken wrap with 'fire sauce', a substitution of ranch dressing for the bleu cheese, and fries without salt.
My husband ordered the Hopp salad. He liked it very much, and his IPA (Wanderlust) is very good.

It took an inordinately long time for our meals to arrive, especially when one considered that a couple came in about 20 minutes after we did (noon o'clock) and were served right after we were. It wasn't very crowded. I saw only one cook behind the counter. Maybe a second one was on break?? I don't know, but I was beginning to wonder if they'd had to chase down the chicken for my lunch.
It may also be that the couple had called in an order, but anyway, by the time we were served, there were two cooks on the line.

Anyway, it was very good. The wrap was not wheat, it was something orange-ish, and was very good. It did NOT fall apart as so many wraps do. The vegetables: carrot, tomato, lettuce were all fresh and the fries were cut from real honest to goodness potatoes and salt free, crispy with just the right toothsomeness. The chicken itself was plentiful, properly cooked and everything fit into the wrap without it falling apart.
The fire sauce was unlike any hot sauce I've ever had. It wasn't straight tomato with a huge dash of cayenne. No, it tasted more like a molasses based BBQ sauce with a bit of kick thrown in. It was good, too. Not fiery hot but definitely had a bite to it.

Sorry to say, as good as it was, a buffalo chicken wrap just doesn't seem to work. I had the fire sauce and ranch on the side and dipping the wrap into the bowls allowed the meat and vegetables to fall out. The other method, that of pouring a little of the hot sauce and then the ranch dressing in to the open end of the wrap, worked, but made things incredibly messy. I think perhaps the idea is the cook pours both on the ingredients before wrapping it up, but that wouldn't allow me to control the amounts of sauce and dressing. I really am at a loss to come up with a solution. But I would definitely get the buffalo chicken wrap again. Maybe next time I'll try eating it with a knife and a fork.
I also had their fresh squeezed lemonade. It was just right, not sugary sweet but not overly sour, either.
When we walked in, I asked to be seated where the air conditioning wasn't blowing on me. It's hard to come in, wet with sweat from 95° temperatures into something a lot cooler and breezy. Despite being out of the direct downdraft from the AC vent, I was still cold, and I think someone on the staff noticed my discomfort because suddenly, the draft quit and it became pleasant and comfortable in the restaurant. Not hot, not too cold, just right. It's the first time I've not had to ask to have the temperature moved up (or down?). This is outstanding service.
Our server was pleasant, and professional. She kept us in mind and checked on our happiness several times, but was unobtrusive.
Restrooms were clean and well stocked. Parking is free, fairly ample, and we even got a place to park in the shade.

I'll go back.

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience! We always appreciate honest feedback from our guests, as it helps us better understand how to improve our food and service. We look forward to seeing you again soon. -Ami, Operations Manager

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We came for lunch. Craving comfort food. I had the grilled cheese sandwich. This is not yo mama's grilled cheese. This was fancy. Huge whole wheat slices with layers of Monterey Jack and spices. The side was yummy crab bisque (tomato?) The packaged soup crackers rather detracted from the elegance of the presentation. We also had the fresh squeezed lemonade. There are other fresh squeezeds, too you could try. Funny thing the waitress when she first came up to us said they aren't doing the Service Charge any more. They tried that model and 1. customers didn't like it and 2. Laws changed. I hadn't been there during that period. I think it's hard to change a venue midstream. A restaurant probably has to start that way to make it work. They want to pay all their staff equitably. We were there for a late lunch so had it mostly to ourselves. More customers were coming as we left. Did not try the bar. I like the rabbit decorations. More like hares than bunnies which lends to the air of upper crust." Ignore the furniture that looks like a 24-hour chain. This is really good food. The other dish we got was the eggs Benedict. Their hollandaise is also their own special blend with some heat to it. We had ours on the side. This place was a treat.

Thank you for dining at the Iron Rabbit and taking the time to let us know about your experience! We always appreciate honest and thoughtful feedback from our guests. We hope to see you again soon! -Ami, Operations Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped here while staying in the area to see my Saint helens. Food was delicious. I got the shrimp curry and it was great. Isaac our waiter was very nice and checked on us often. We look for local restaurants because the food and s better than the chains and this place did not disappoint.

Thank you for choosing to dine local! We're delighted to hear that your food and service was excellent, and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area. -Ami, Operations Manager