“Surprised at the quality in a sports bar”
Review of Buffalo Wings

Buffalo Wings
Ranked #234 of 353 Restaurants in Olympia
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I seldom eat at 'fast food' restaurants. Every sports bar seems to be in that genre. I was disinclined to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings (despite the name above, the name on the building includes the word 'wild'). However, it was raining, I was hungry NOW, and I didn't want to eat at the food court at the mall....so I gave Buffalo Wild Wings a try.
I was amazed at how good the wings were.
I ordered the "Snack Traditional Wings" platter. I asked for mildly spicy. One is given a choice of 'sides', I ordered celery and carrot sticks and fries.. Those were a bit paltry..two hunks of celery and two carrot sticks. But the fries were impressive..no salt and perfectly cooked.
And the wings!
Crisp,..yes, just the right bit of crispy with just the right amount of spicy 'hot' dressing. A side of ranch dressing cooled the bite of the spice. Five wings were a bit small but did fill me up.

One is a bit confused..do I eat with the silverware, which isn't very easy with the small wings, or my fingers (which I eventually resorted to) making one's fingers messy?
I was asked a few times to fill in an electronic screen with my email address and after so many visits, I'd get a free something...a side, a beer, I don't know but I declined. I don't like being in a database. I also, upon my order, received an electronic timer. If my lunch didn't show up in 15 minutes it was free.
It got to my table at 12 min. 31 seconds.

The music was a bit loud, and there were televisions everywhere, with all sorts of sports...but mostly sports casters, talking. They were turned down as you wouldn't have been able to make out what was being said with all the televisions on different channels.
This is a spot where the guys can meet, have a nice meal with a cold brew, and talk about the game. There is plenty of room, with tables, booths and a bar.
Prices are reasonable. Food was very good, fast, the service cheerful and prompt. Plenty of parking, although getting OUT of the lot can be dicey with all the insane traffic coming off 101. Bathrooms were roomy and clean. They do take out.
I'll go again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Went to Buffalo Wild Wings with business associates to have lunch and discuss business details. We sat in the bar, which on a weekday wasn't particularly busy. Service was fairly quick, though it only barely beat their "15 Minutes or Free" motto. The food was good, and servings generous. Note that their selections are often limited as to the number of items within it. Prices are a bit steep for the venue. The noise came from the multiple TV's on multiple channels.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I went here on a business trip and it was consistent with the rest of them around the country. We did a call ahead order and it was ready on time.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

While a fun active restaurant, the first thing was having the server tell us about the menu and all that they offer, which was nice, then told us about the "beer specials" which was 16 or 22 oz. Modelo and a craft beer. We ordered the 16 oz. Modelo later to find out the "special" price was $6.50 each!!!!!!!! Then afterwards we found out the 22oz. is the SAME price. So what was special about that!!

The sides ie fried pickles, chips, we super small portions in this little paper container.
The burger was good, the small 3 snack tacos were good as well as the garden salad.

We did not have the wings as we feel they are overpriced and do not care for the HOT sauces.

The service was good for our large group, with one exception of a server placing an order in front of our son-in-law, then when they found out it was for another table, the server just picked it up and walked down to another table of folks and gave it to them.

Noisy place, but fun and alot of TV's to watch all kinds of sports.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Met a business partner for lunch there, with our spouses. We arrived a bit after the regular lunch hour, which made it more quiet. We asked for the patio (enclosed) as it was warmer there than in the bar or restaurant area. It also allowed us privacy as we were the only ones there. Service was excellent, the food was very good, though a bit slow on one of the items. Everything else came quickly, hot and fresh. The wait staff was friendly and served with a smile. A good place to go, though at times in the past we have been there during regular lunch time and it is challenging to have a conversation then, with the people and TV's all going.