“Lovely Place for Coffee and Desert”

Phoebe's Pastry Cafe
Ranked #4 of 18 Dessert in Olympia
Cuisines: American
Description: Pastry Café specializing in house made breakfast,lunch,pastries, cakes and locally roasted coffee. We offer catering from cold sandwiches to full service weddings & parties. We do special occasion cakes and desserts.
Reviewed 6 April 2017

My first visit to Phoebe's was to have tea and coffee with a cookie and a pastry. The cafe is very pleasant. You order at the counter where you can take a look at all the wonderful food that is available. I also order two sandwiches to-g0 to take home for lunch. They were wonderful. The bread is "toothsome". I will definitely go back another time. They also have a cafe on the westside which is more of a takeout place. I was told by several people that their 9 inch pies (Taco, Meat and Spinach) make a wonderful take home dinner.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

This is a great find, I was looking for a new spot to stop and have lunch. My husband and I both had a hot sandwich which was very unique, great flavor and very fresh. Service was very quick, you order at the counter but they bring it right out to you. They have several baked goods, also a dinner pie you can pick up to cook at home.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

If you want to pay a premium price for a stale, dry, over baked cake made with pre-packaged frosting mix and a dull, gummy ganache, get it here. This was a $60+ outrage.

If you want a moist, fresh, genuinely scratch cake with perfectly balanced flavor and creamy, delicately flavored, fresh frosting, and gorgeous to boot...go to Wagner's on Capitol Way.

I bought chocolate cakes from both places, within one month. No preconceived notions or bias--I really wanted to find the best bakery in Olympia.

Both places also make and serve sandwiches, etc. I think I will compare those separately.

1  Thank Divemastergirl
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Small place but did not feel cozy. You order at the register and the ladies there were not very helpful---they acted like I knew the menu which I did not. Selections for lunch were small and expensive. They do have marvelous bakery items but cakes and quiches run up to $25 for the entire thing.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

My husband and I stopped by Phoebe's new location on Black Lake Blvd for the first time yesterday, in the mood for a sweet treat. We didn't know what to expect, so were delighted to find such a great little spot. Located in what was a private home, but remodeled as a bakery, it's a very pleasant space. Seating is VERY limited (4 stools along a bar), but in good weather there is some outdoor seating. They are also next to a small park, so picnics are possible.

The pastries we purchased were fresh and delicious: a molasses cookie and a small cherry fold-over pie. The young woman who served us was very friendly and professional, and made us feel welcome. We highly recommend this bakery. Please note that the photo is NOT Phoebe's new location.

Been to Phoebe's Pastry Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK