“My Favorite Family Vacation Place”
Review of Ocean Shores

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Seattle, Washington
7 helpful votes
“My Favorite Family Vacation Place”
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I love Ocean Shores. Sometimes I think small town fun vacations are the best. If your are a city person, you would not like Ocean Shores. It's rainy and cold year round, but i love it. I have been going here for vacation ever since i was 6 months old, when my parents took me. It's a great place to get a good feel of a small, old ocean town. I love it there and will go back every year. It's small and uncrowded. Best place to come here is summertime. You can get a lot of shells on this beach, and enjoy the nice rock jetty on a sunny day. I love ocea shores.

1 Thank hawaiioceanlover
Hillsboro, Oregon
21 helpful votes
“My favorite seaside vacation place”
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I just love Ocean shores. The people are friendly and helpful. The stores are well stocked with food and supplies. The Shilo Inn is wonderful and very dog friendly. We especially enjoyed the Interpretive Center. The beach access is right next to the Shilo Inn and I love that I can drive onto the beach.

Seattle, Washington
“Ocean Shores mini-vacay summary”
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Just returned from Ocean Shores and here is my feedback:

1. Ocean Shores was a relaxing trip. Not adventurous, just plain chilling at the beach, making sand castles & flying kites for the kids, reading by my husband, and walking in solitude with the sea gulls and the horses for me.

2. No stellar views like at Cannon Beach on the Oregon coast. This translates to very little crowd, especially since we went mid-week (Monday-Wednesday). But, overall boring for someone like me who loves natural beauty.

3. Not too touristy equates to no stellar restaurants. The Mexican restaurant (only one) was pretty good, but, not excellent. You're better off buying food at the grocery story (IGA) which had a good selection of meats and some seafood.

4. I liked the beach by the Jetty because cars were not on it, plus, it was pretty fun looking over the jetty to see Westport and to watch the waves crashing on the rocks, and the occasional seal.

5. Our 2 night stay at the Best Western Lighthouse was good. I especially liked the room configuration of having a wall separating the beds. The staff were all friendly. Our room on the 4th floor (the highest) had an ocean view which was great for hearing the ocean waves and looking out at the sea. The indoor swimming pool was too cold for me. The hot tub was too hot the first night, but, alright the second night. The breakfast was alright with waffles, bagels, muffins etc. They did not have any meat products. The free wifi was great.

In summary, I will not come back anytime soon even though it is a closer drive from Seattle than to the Oregon Coast, and hotel availability and prices were attractive. I like seeing more scenery on the beach as at Cannon Beach or Tofino in Vancouver Island, and more charm that this town offered.

Sammamish, Washington
45 helpful votes
“Great beaches”
Reviewed 1 September 2008

Great beaches in Ocean Shores. Can drive your vehicle on the beach and park too, no need to lug all the kids sand toys from the parking lot.

Been to Ocean Shores? Share your experiences!