“The Lexington on Halloween”
Review of Judith Ann Inn

Judith Ann Inn
Washington
“The Lexington on Halloween”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Having read some of the reviews, I could hardly believe the negative ones!! This is a lovely Inn, VERY CLEAN, AMY & YOLANDA, VERY ACCOMODATING!!!, rooms are well appointed (although I did agree w/another guest that another chest for folded clothing could be provided...we stay longer than a couple of days)...& do agree w/same guest regarding the TV. We are older, retired & have been trekking to Ocean Shores for 45 yrs for an "ocean fix" w/our children. The TV has always played an important role when our ocean activities were done for the day. It so happens, even w/the lovely surroundings, serenity and just being at the beach, we still enjoy watching TV. This was our 1st time on the second floor and the view was incredible (has spoiled me for future visits...I will want to be upstairs!!)..Our only complaint would be the owners choice for the TV in the living room. Surround sound could not be controlled and background music definitely drowned out the voices. You have to sit directly in front of the TV for a clear, precise picture. I went to the bedroom where the picture and sound was so much better. Loved the room but disliked intensley the living room TV. It is obviously an early 2000 edition and needs to be replaced.
We will return to the Inn. We love it. Amy & Yolanda...you are irreplaceable and most definetly under appreciated!!!! Thanks so much for all your kindess (and putting up w/our inability to operate the TV's in The Savannah ...room106...for some reason, they are more difficult to use). Am thinking we will try another room upstairs...w/a better TV :-)

Room Tip: If you want peace and tranquility, this is the place. Absolute privacy & no intrusions!
2 Thank oceanlover241
judann, Manager at Judith Ann Inn, responded to this review, 27 November 2011
Thank you so much for the kind, constructive criticism. We really appreciate hearing what works and what we can improve upon. Guest feedback is very important to our process here as each suite is individually owned. Very helpful information since you have stayed with us more than once and have stayed in more than one suite here. Thanks again for taking the time to communicate!
We know you'll be back.
Amy Bohn, Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My wife and I spent 2nights here and it was the best time we had this was our 2nd time going to The Judith Ann Inn and it seemed as though it was better the second time. We stayed on the second floor spectacular view of the ocean even at night. We recommend going there for a romantic get away It was so quiet and relaxing.

2 Thank JJSHUFF
judann, Manager at Judith Ann Inn, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Thanks for taking the time to review us online. We really appreciate you sharing your experience. Thanks for the generous tip! Tips in our industry are sadly becoming a rarity so it really made our day!
Amy Bohn,
Auburn, WA
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed in the Lexington suite for my birthday at the end of September. We came in on a Thursday night and were planning on leaving Saturday morning, but were enjoying our stay so much that we extended for another night (they were nice enough to rebook the room for us Saturday, even though we had not reserved it). The suite is very nicely laid out, and very clean.

I enjoyed the jacuzzi tub with its view of the Pacific very much - as I'd expected - but was surprised how large the deck is. We ended up spending a good deal of time out on the deck, enjoying the sound and sight of the ocean. We got nearly all our meals as takeout, since we liked the room so much.

A few (very minor) caveats - it's odd that there is no chest of drawers for folding clothes. There is only one nightstand and bed lamp in the bedroom. There's plenty of room for both another nightstand and a small chest, and those would be nice conveniences. I have no complaints at all with the kitchen appointments - everything we needed was there. Bring your own coffee if you're junkies like we are and need more than one pot. Filters were provided, although I had brought some just in case. There's a toaster for that morning bagel, and a full-size refrigerator.

I walked down the dune path to the beach, and found it fascinating. The dunes are their own ecosystem, quite separate from the beach. It's not a short walk, but it's an easy one, and the beach itself is spectacular. We could watch the big kites from the deck, too.

We found the hotel very quiet - granted, we were there offseason and came midweek, but even when people started coming in on Friday and Saturday, the staff had obviously made some effort to book the rooms such that people retained their privacy. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, checking several times to make certain we had everything we needed.

Take advantage of the midweek coupon special on the website if you can - it's a great deal. I didn't check out the view from the first-floor rooms, but I suspect you'd see mostly the dunes, so if you want to see the open ocean, the second-floor rooms have a fantastic view.

We did sort of wish there was a barbecue available, but given the hassles that would create for the inn, I'm not surprised they don't provide them. The televisions are aging projector models, probably due for a replacement, but who comes to a place like this to watch TV anyway? (There were quite a few movies worth watching in the office for borrowing, although we'd brought our own.) We opened the fold-out sofa and had ourselves a movie night one blustery evening; it was very cozy and very relaxing. We didn't watch the television at all, so I can't say anything about the channel selection; I did notice they had the music channels on when we came in (there are surround-sound speakers built into the walls, which is nice), but I mostly wanted to listen to the ocean. There are ceiling fans in the bedroom and living room, which do a nice job of keeping the air circulating. The skylight in the bedroom is an unfortunate choice; I understand why they did it (the room needs the light), but it makes it hard for a night owl like me to sleep in, since there's no way of shielding the light.

We found the inn convenient to everything we wanted to see in Ocean Shores - there's an IGA and a liquor store just down on Chance a la Mer, and pharmacy and tons of gift shops as well.

Room Tip: Definitely select the second floor; it's worth the extra few dollars for the view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank geniph
judann, Manager at Judith Ann Inn, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Thanks very much for the review, so nice to see such a detailed description. I am impressed with your writing. Pleasure to have you at the Inn. Incidentally all my other suites have new flat screen TV's but the Lexington Suite 201. Tried to get owner's of that suite to go another way. You can see how that discussion went. I believe the argument was they were holding out for newer oil filled LED TV technology and the tube TV was superior in lifespan to LCD TV's. Maybe review comments will help persuade owner's of this suite to reconsider their TV selection so I am grateful you included commentary on the TV in your review. Hope the future brings you back to our door.
Amy Bohn
Tacoma
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My hasband and I recently enjoyed our 1 yr anniversary the second time around and let me just say that we had a wonderful 3 night stay at the Judith Ann Inn. It was our 1st time there but believe me it won't be our last! We brought our own food and wine and we barely left the room because everything you need is there from the well-stocked and fully equipped kitchen to the large jazzuci tub in the living room. They even had a washer and dryer in there! We stayed in room 105 the Charleston Suite and it was beautiful. If you haven't stayed here at the inn give it a try and believe me you won't regret it one bit! Thanks to Amy and Yolanda for everything!

Room Tip: Check out the rooms online.
1 Thank LouAnn W
judann, Manager at Judith Ann Inn, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Thank you so much for your high praise. We enjoyed having you. Glad to hear you will visit us again.
Amy Bohn
Renton, Washington
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My boyfriend and I spent the weekend there for our 2 year anniversary. The suite was wonderful! We were on the 1st floor, and could see the ocean just barely above the dunes when we stood on the little porch.
The jacuzzi tub in the living room was really fun, it was very entertaining to sit indoors in a hot tub and watch a movie. (And in Western Washington, you really only get a few months of outdoor hot tubbing weather anyway, so the indoor one is genius!)
This specific room had not only a large tv, but a bluray player and an xbox. We were not even sure it was going to have a dvd player! It also has a full kitchen stocked with almost any kitchen utensil or tool you would ever need. We did have problems with our toaster, but Yolanda was awesome enough to get us a brand new one. :)
The only thing that was iffy was the path to the beach, but that's not the hotels fault at all, and they warn you that its really just a deer trail. Bring a stick to knock down spider webs, or walk down the street to the main road.
All in all, we are going to come back during the winter storm season, and request this room again!
-Lara and Erik