Judith Ann Inn
Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$ 179
MorningGlory Hotel, Resort & Suites(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$ 77
US$ 75
Shilo Inns Ocean Shores(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$ 145
US$ 129
Comfort Inn and Suites(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$ 190
US$ 158
Quinault Sweet Grass Hotel(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$ 88
US$ 77
Canterbury Inn(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
Grey Gull(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$ 144
US$ 130
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
US$ 88
US$ 105
US$ 100
Polynesian Resort(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$ 159
TripAdvisor
All reviewsliving roomjetted tubview of the oceanrooms are amazinghome away from homequiet roomdefinitely stay here againfireplaceunitstubsroomy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My wife and I spent 2nights here and it was the best time we had this was our 2nd time going to The Judith Ann Inn and it seemed as though it was better the second time. We stayed on the second floor spectacular view of the ocean even at night. We recommend going there for a romantic get away It was so quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JJSHUFF
judann, Manager at Judith Ann Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Thanks for taking the time to review us online. We really appreciate you sharing your experience. Thanks for the generous tip! Tips in our industry are sadly becoming a rarity so it really made our day!
Amy Bohn,

Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed in the Lexington suite for my birthday at the end of September. We came in on a Thursday night and were planning on leaving Saturday morning, but were enjoying our stay so much that we extended for another night (they were nice enough to rebook the room for us Saturday, even though we had not reserved it). The suite is very nicely laid out, and very clean.

I enjoyed the jacuzzi tub with its view of the Pacific very much - as I'd expected - but was surprised how large the deck is. We ended up spending a good deal of time out on the deck, enjoying the sound and sight of the ocean. We got nearly all our meals as takeout, since we liked the room so much.

A few (very minor) caveats - it's odd that there is no chest of drawers for folding clothes. There is only one nightstand and bed lamp in the bedroom. There's plenty of room for both another nightstand and a small chest, and those would be nice conveniences. I have no complaints at all with the kitchen appointments - everything we needed was there. Bring your own coffee if you're junkies like we are and need more than one pot. Filters were provided, although I had brought some just in case. There's a toaster for that morning bagel, and a full-size refrigerator.

I walked down the dune path to the beach, and found it fascinating. The dunes are their own ecosystem, quite separate from the beach. It's not a short walk, but it's an easy one, and the beach itself is spectacular. We could watch the big kites from the deck, too.

We found the hotel very quiet - granted, we were there offseason and came midweek, but even when people started coming in on Friday and Saturday, the staff had obviously made some effort to book the rooms such that people retained their privacy. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, checking several times to make certain we had everything we needed.

Take advantage of the midweek coupon special on the website if you can - it's a great deal. I didn't check out the view from the first-floor rooms, but I suspect you'd see mostly the dunes, so if you want to see the open ocean, the second-floor rooms have a fantastic view.

We did sort of wish there was a barbecue available, but given the hassles that would create for the inn, I'm not surprised they don't provide them. The televisions are aging projector models, probably due for a replacement, but who comes to a place like this to watch TV anyway? (There were quite a few movies worth watching in the office for borrowing, although we'd brought our own.) We opened the fold-out sofa and had ourselves a movie night one blustery evening; it was very cozy and very relaxing. We didn't watch the television at all, so I can't say anything about the channel selection; I did notice they had the music channels on when we came in (there are surround-sound speakers built into the walls, which is nice), but I mostly wanted to listen to the ocean. There are ceiling fans in the bedroom and living room, which do a nice job of keeping the air circulating. The skylight in the bedroom is an unfortunate choice; I understand why they did it (the room needs the light), but it makes it hard for a night owl like me to sleep in, since there's no way of shielding the light.

We found the inn convenient to everything we wanted to see in Ocean Shores - there's an IGA and a liquor store just down on Chance a la Mer, and pharmacy and tons of gift shops as well.

Room Tip: Definitely select the second floor; it's worth the extra few dollars for the view.
2  Thank geniph

Thanks very much for the review, so nice to see such a detailed description. I am impressed with your writing. Pleasure to have you at the Inn. Incidentally all my other suites have new flat screen TV's but the Lexington Suite 201. Tried to get owner's of that suite to go another way. You can see how that discussion went. I believe the argument was they were holding out for newer oil filled LED TV technology and the tube TV was superior in lifespan to LCD TV's. Maybe review comments will help persuade owner's of this suite to reconsider their TV selection so I am grateful you included commentary on the TV in your review. Hope the future brings you back to our door.
Amy Bohn

Reviewed 10 October 2011

My hasband and I recently enjoyed our 1 yr anniversary the second time around and let me just say that we had a wonderful 3 night stay at the Judith Ann Inn. It was our 1st time there but believe me it won't be our last! We brought our own food and wine and we barely left the room because everything you need is there from the well-stocked and fully equipped kitchen to the large jazzuci tub in the living room. They even had a washer and dryer in there! We stayed in room 105 the Charleston Suite and it was beautiful. If you haven't stayed here at the inn give it a try and believe me you won't regret it one bit! Thanks to Amy and Yolanda for everything!

Room Tip: Check out the rooms online.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LouAnn W

Thank you so much for your high praise. We enjoyed having you. Glad to hear you will visit us again.
Amy Bohn

Reviewed 25 September 2011

My boyfriend and I spent the weekend there for our 2 year anniversary. The suite was wonderful! We were on the 1st floor, and could see the ocean just barely above the dunes when we stood on the little porch.
The jacuzzi tub in the living room was really fun, it was very entertaining to sit indoors in a hot tub and watch a movie. (And in Western Washington, you really only get a few months of outdoor hot tubbing weather anyway, so the indoor one is genius!)
This specific room had not only a large tv, but a bluray player and an xbox. We were not even sure it was going to have a dvd player! It also has a full kitchen stocked with almost any kitchen utensil or tool you would ever need. We did have problems with our toaster, but Yolanda was awesome enough to get us a brand new one. :)
The only thing that was iffy was the path to the beach, but that's not the hotels fault at all, and they warn you that its really just a deer trail. Bring a stick to knock down spider webs, or walk down the street to the main road.
All in all, we are going to come back during the winter storm season, and request this room again!
-Lara and Erik

1  Thank bbg1129
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Judith Ann Inn during mid-week, after Labor Day. The top story suite we had was well appointed, nicely decorated and clean. This was our first stay and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the inn. The mid-week discount made this inn worth the trip. We did have a noisy walker below, but not constant and was a minor set back. We definately would come back again and would reccomend it to anyone who is looking for a quality place to stay at Ocean Shores, WA.

2  Thank KSOLY