New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Quinault Beach Resort and Casino

Quinault Beach Resort and Casino
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Richland
“Great Getaway at a Great Price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I don't understand why so many people rate Quinault Resort poorly and talk bad about it. The only complaint that I have is we didn't have any "luck" at the machines. I did watch people get decent bonuses. All of the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly. The service and food at the Oceanside Lounge were good. A 2 night stay, on the top floor, with the ocean right there.......for $69.50 a night???!!!! It can't be beat! No, it's not as glamourous as Northern Quest or Tulalip, but it doesn't cost as much either. Also - the resort is moving forward with a full interior remodel, so things will be improving. Valet service was fast & courteous, and the hotel staff was quick to bring us anything we needed to our room.

Room Tip: Ocean View is a must!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank walliworld24
QuinaultBeach, Marketing at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate your comments. We are so excited about the remodeling that is under way...not only are we working on updating the casino, but we are also upgrading our air handlers to improve air quality. AND, we're bringing in new games every month! Hope to see you soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

The fountains up front were empty and not repaired. The light on the smoke detector above the bed could have been better placed. 1st floor has a strong smell of smoke. Views were fantastic.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments! I'm happy to follow up with information on our current remodel, which will update our casino floor and address the air handling issues that you mentioned. We are well under way, and should have this completed before the summer season. The fountains may take more time, as the sea air has not been kind to the inner workings of the fountains, but that will be addressed, also. Come on back and visit soon!
Federal Way
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have been a long time member of Q-Club. I had quit going because of the rude people at the Q-club desk. I received some free play coupons and decided to give it another try. I went to update my address and was treated like a criminal and they did not want us from out of town to come in. They made me feel unwanted. I do not think that I will be back which is too bad because my family has a house in Ocean Shores. There are plenty of other casinos that treat me much better. I also think that there new tier system for the players club is to discourage out of town players. I hope the locals can keep this place going because they have lost my family as players.

Room Tip: Do not stay here stay in ocean shores you will like it much better.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank AFS855
I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, and I'd like to follow up on that for you. We love our out of town guests, and appreciate you stopping in! If you would like to contact me personally, you may do so at info@quinaultbeachresort.com. I look forward to hearing from you! ~Jody

Travellers are raving about these Ocean Shores hotels

Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

So in the last couple of weeks leading up to our weekend stay at the resort I read quit a few of the reviews of this place and after reading them I was alittle worried about the weekend stay. Well we all were very happy with the whole place. The food at Emilys was great, and very good prices.I would recommed the eggs benedict with razor clam fritters. The room was awsome with a great view. The workout room was small but did its job. The casino is not small from what I'm use too.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Stlhdfshon
Thank you for your great comments! This is exactly the experience that we want for all of our guests.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Every thing was great except the most rudest front desk employees. I have never seen anything like it. they yelled at me so many times. they called my room in the middle of the night when I was sound asleep.They all need to be fired......Misty @Spa is the best..Rhonda a food server is the best and totally nice. The lady pit boss with glasses on the night shift, Well I would stay clear of her. A Total BBBBBBBB....IIIIIIIIIIIII TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC Great rooms and property clean rooms with nice maids. GET RID OF THAT FRONT DESk CREW>>>

Room Tip: Ocean view King with Fireplace.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank sheila575
I'm so sorry that you had problems with any of our crew. I will share your comments with our staff, so that we can improve this. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your experience!