“Okay but nothing special”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean Shores
Windjammer Condominiums
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed at Windjammer for a week through RCI exchange in a one-bedroom appartment.

Front desk staff is very friendly otherwise but were surprised when we asked for more toilet paper (they seemed the expect that a couple of rolls are enough for a week).

We used the resort for touring the area and for that the location is okay. I wouln't recommend it for a vacation if you intend to mostly spend time at the resort because the resort is an older establishment and the immediate area is not scenic.

Our rooms were clean and so was the bathroom but as said it is an older establishment and you can see it, so those giving 4 or 5 stars are probably timeshare owners promoting the place. Kitchen was good.

The resort hot tub was broken for the whole week.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank kauris
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Windjammer Condominiums

Reviewed 25 March 2011

Very dissapointed with the place as we got through RCI in exchange for the points. We never dreamt it would be so bad as we never thought RCI would own such places. I would be twice careful and would read the rewiews before I book. Mind you if you like old clean motels you will not be dissapointed as us. The staff was nice. The pool probably operated only in summer. You could compare the building to old motel 6 probably. Could'nt see the sea or shore anywhere except during t he drive to get there. Summer might be ok I think. We were given two bedrooms but there is only 1 bathroom. I couldn"t sleep as I was shocked to have ended up here after 1hour bordercrossing and almost 5 hours travel stopping once for lunch and twice for washrooms, secondly for the sound up abouve us.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank boscopower
Reviewed 13 November 2010

When reviewing a condo, I try to compare it with others in which we have stayed. I also compare it to staying in a motel. This condo would not rate very high on the list compared to either.

It was clean, which was a redeeming factor. The kitchen was well stocked. Those were the 2 best things about the resort (it's hard to call it a resort - nothing about it was very "resorty" First - the bed. The bed was small - may have been a queen size bed, but definitely not a King which would be required for a resort to score very high in my review. In addition, they had a plastic lined matress pad. You couldn't move at night without sticking to the blasted sheets. Once we stripped it off the bed, it was better, but not comfortable. Reviews said some of the rooms had fireplaces, but ours did not. So, on cold rainy nigthts there wasn't much there to offer any comfort or relaxation. There was no TV in the bedroom - which is so standard anywhere we have stayed that it is hard to even go low enough to rate.

The bathroom had no hair dryer and also had no shampoo or lotion bottles supplied. Two things that you would expect to see in any quality room. There were dirty towels on the floor of the shower when we arrived that made you wonder if the shower had been cleaned - had they been left by a previous guest, or had the maid service left them there?

The TV in the living room was so small - much smaller than any we have in our own home. And, the picture was so dark that you could hardly see it.

The beach is always nice, but this condo had no direct access to the beach. The golf course located behind the condo had no landscaping, so it was just a wet grassy course - not the pretty courses that some condos surround.

We had a week through RCI that we had to use or lose, so this was one of our only options. We had a good time on our trip, because we almost always have a good time, but the condo was very low on the list compared to others we have enjoyed.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MRS461212
Reviewed 4 September 2010

We decided to try a different condo for our annual beach vacation this year and were offered WindJammer. I was skeptical at first due to some of the past reviews but was pleasantly surprised. The service was over the top INCREDIBLE!! Even when I hussled to the hot tub less than 30 minutes before closing, the attendant didn't make a peep and was just glad that I was using it. The condo was clean, well stocked, and comfortable. We knew ahead of time that it was not right on the beach, so didn't expect that. But you can drive right up to and onto the beaches just a few blocks away. VERY COOL!! The guy that gave the orientation knew what he was talking about.......we found great restaurants in the area. We had a great week!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank BravEagle
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I went with my mom, cousin and her baby. We all take care of elderly disabled individuals and needed some time off. I have been going here since I was a toddler and love it. You can rent new movies from the office, get good recommendations from Charlie and his wife, and relax while combing the beach. There is no view of the ocean from the condos but it is a short drive (less than 5 minutes) or if you feel like it you can walk. The public golf course is behind the condos and there is a movie theater 2 doors down. There is a good food and nice little shops around town. This is a small quite town so some of the resturants will close early but Mariah's restaurant and lounge was still open at 8 or 9 and they had good food. I do warn that you need to be aware of what size of place you are getting. The Villa is great but if you get the smallest unit available it is only really big enough for 1 person or a couple. This is the only place my dad feels he can vacation with my grandparent's because it affords him the room to seperate from them when he needs, interesting things within a short drive, and the kitchen space he doesn't have at home. They also provide you with access to the community center with an indoor pool and workout area. For a laugh my dad plays table tennis against my mom and me. We had to quit when I could stop laughing at us.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family