“Great experience--super property and very reasonable.”
Review of Acorn Motor Inn

Acorn Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Oak Harbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed a week here and were most comfortable. The room was tastefully decorated and spotless. And the manager's scrupulious attention to the property assures us that such will be the case during his tenure. Modern TV, microwave and fridge made the room seem homey and welcoming. Yes, there is no coffee in room, but the pot is on all day in the lobby. And yes, it is in the middle of the town, convenient to activities and shopping--lots of traffic. But, the draperies and window treatments kept out most of the noise. And btw, criticism of a booking fee is unfounded as most on-line booking agencies charge a fee for their service--the fee is not the hotel's.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 February 2012

During a 9-night road trip around Washington/Oregon, this hotel was the nicest of all -- and the cheapest. It's obviously an older motel, but my room had been immaculately restored. The beds were real furniture -- with a headboard and footboard, flat screen tv, real tile in the bathroom. The only thing that seemed weird was the super-bright and flowery shower curtain -- a nice plain one would have been more appropriate. The owner is obviously a hard-working guy, after checking me in, he was outside tending to the plants in the flowerbeds.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly remodeled room. I don't know if they have all been remodeled, but mine was, and...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We are going on our 3rd stay at this Motel. Yes it's newly renovated and nice. If you ask "What's the price?" first over the phone and bargain you might get a better rate depending on the season. It is all renovated, etc. Rooms are nice, clean. Bathroom, shower are exceptional. Flat panel TV. Pillow top beds, etc. Great curtains for keeping out the light and some of the street traffic noise.

The only complaints I have is the breakfast offerings. Mediocre stuff from CostCo (hate those muffins!) and no Waffle machine, but it is enough to get you out the door and going. And the Internet WiFi is funky. Is is unlocked clear but you have to login with a one-time password good for your device (mac addr) only. They do have hard-wired ports in the room which is a great security feature for business travelers that require more security. I just can't get my traveling wireless router to work!!! :-(

And, yes, ESL (English as a Second Language) can be problematic but I had the same problem
with my immigrant grand mother! LOL!

We don't bring pets so I can't address the pet issue. Why would a pet issue be military? Seems to me they may treat PET OWNERS that don't adhere to the rules badly but not Military People!!! How does a pet owner know that their dog is not barking when they are NOT there? My neighbor would not believe me when I told him his dog barked (whined!) too much because it would stop as soon as it heard his car drive up.
It is close to the base. We usually check out a minute or two late and they don't bring it up.

Room Tip: If you want more quiet you may ask for a room on the back side.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2011

My husband and myself were here for the military. We stayed at this hotel because they accepted pets. When we got here there were a million very stupid rules that had to do with the dogs. On our last day here I had to be taken to the Emergency Room. We received a call from the hotel owner stating that it was an emergency and we had to pay a fine for leaving our dogs alone in the hotel room. When we got back our dogs were laying down sleeping. They never barked, never tore anything up, never did anything they weren't supposed to do. This guy was YELLING at my veteran husband because we left the dogs alone. When we told him I had to go to the ER he said he didn't want to hear excuses. This guy is a huge jerk and everyone here speaks very poor English. We will NEVER be back here...and we are in the area A LOT for military purposes so he just lost out on a lot of money.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank seabeewife7n
Reviewed 19 August 2011

A good location to discover the surroundings. Next to the hotel there is a laundry and a supermarket. The rooms were renovated recently and the hosts were friendly and helpful. A place to feel fine.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
32.6 km away
Harbor Inn
Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Freeland

Been to Acorn Motor Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK