“Large Portions---Good Food”

Hong Kong Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 134 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Tried to get some Thai Food---but all booked up so we thought we would try the Hong Kong Restaurant. (Glad we did) Good selection on the menu. We were greeted with a large fish tank with a big fish kind of just hanging out----no where to go!! The portions were large and could of been shared. I had a Dinner for One and the wife a Kung Pow dinner. Both very good. Service was still good with it being understaffed. Would come again!!

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Menu appears to cater to American customers, so there aren't many authentic Chinese entrees. But to my surprise, the food appeased my picky Chinese palate. We had Moo Shu Pork, Beef Flat Noodles, and MA Pao Tofu. Well done!

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We were in town and wanted some Chinese and so as usual we yelped somewhere well this came up with 4 stars so we came and it was really good. I got the combination dinner #4 and man that was a lot of food. It was all good. Also had some creams cheese wontons and the sweet and sour sauce was pretty dang awesome! I poured some on my rice as well very good. Wasn't too expensive. They also had some tea it was so dang good. I couldn't stop drinking it. Each cup I added one of the yellow packets (Splenda). There was only one server and he was busy, but he kept making his way back to us. The place seems a little older. My friend got the spicy Szechuan chicken -she didn't care for it much it wasn't spicy and chicken a little over done.
The poor little (big) fish when u come in seemed so sad in the little tank

However, I do recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

We came here since my fellow yeppers gave it 4 stars & I'll have to agree with that rating. The large portion sizes are a plus since it seems everything is shareable, hence you can save money. We got the crab wonton's and they were very tasty, light & crispy. The sweet & sour dipping sauce was thick & sweet as expected. My friend tried the combination dinners #4, it was small portions of the pre-selected food items, piled onto one plate. I have the Szechuan Chicken, it was ok. The chicken is very crispy, fried & the sauce is ok. However it wasn't spicy as indicated so I had to add spice to it. Overall it was good & the service was great. Don't mind the big ole fish in the bare, small tank circling around ‍♀️

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Hot a plenty of food. I think we took half of it home with us. The chicken was so hot we had to wait to eat it.