“Best authentic tacos around!”
Review of Taqueria La Bamba

Taqueria La Bamba
Ranked #35 of 134 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 May 2018

My coworker, a native Mexican, recommended La Bamba and I agree it's a great place for tacos and probably other Mexican foods. The first thing I noticed is that it was full of Mexicans; the second is that the menu is in Spanish. These are signs that you're going to get the real deal! My chicken tacos (they offer many kinds) came with 2 soft corn tortillas each, onion, cilantro, and I think tomato. On the side were a jalapeño pepper and some radish slices. This was a to-go order, a la carte. I will definitely try other dishes and eating in.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

LaBamba was recommended to me recently by someone from my native San Antonio, who lives in WA now like me and misses good Mexican food as much as I do. Based on her recommendation, I was hoping for the Tex-Mex style food that I crave. This wasn't. There isn't an enchilada or tamale on the menu. I decided to try tacos. They tasted good but weren't my hoped for Tex-Mex. There was no cheese and the tortillas were very small. In 62 years of eating Mexican food I can't say I've ever had radishes come out on a taco until these. In spite of my disappointment that the food isn't Tex-Mex style, I did enjoy the taste of the tortillas, the flavor of the beef, and the grilled onions. I will go back to try the mole. Although this restaurant is in a strip center with decor that is nothing special, I appreciated the happy atmosphere, the music, and hearing lots of Spanish being spoken. The atmosphere made me feel like I was at home in San Antonio eating with my family. Also, the food is very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I come here often and never disappointed. I’m addicted to the spicy pork burrito with grilled peppers and onions on the side.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed this authentic, delicious and reasonably priced taqueria. It felt homey and lively inside, super casual. The service was very friendly. My chicken tostada was tastey, chicken very tender.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for flavorful, Mexican food with the taste of home, this is the place. Always a variety of aguas frescas and a great tray of salsas to accompany your meal. Open late for Mount Vernon!!