“Fantastic bacon wraped prawns”
Review of COA Mexican Eatery

COA Mexican Eatery
Ranked #7 of 134 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Great food. Need GPS to find. Great prices. They have a sauce which is sour cream based that is very unusual but great. We went to get a "fix" on salsa and chips. Was pleasantly surprised with the salsa, the chips were not a thin as we like, but still great. Very knowledgeable staff, friendly and good at recommending items for my wife who has restrictions on what she can eat.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

This restaurant came highly recommended so we decided to try it. It was OK, but not very impressive. The food was more authentic than the run-of-the-mill TexMex place, but it was nothing to write home about. The presentation was lacking and it looked like the food had just been slapped on the plates. The ambiance leaves a great deal to be desired. The building is run-down and old. Service was OK, but slow. My wife liked her meal, the carne asada. I had the chicken mole, which was good, but not great. I didn't like the rice or the beans. The beans were just beans - not refried. I don't think we'll be going back.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

I've had the tacos several times and the carne asada. Both were very tasty. The rice is fluffy, but a bit dry.
The pickled onions on the tacos give it a different taste than what is normally served at other mexican eats.
Service can be slow when busy.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Go try their food! They beautifully display their meals. It is like art on a plate. And delicious too.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

What a surprise when we went to pay and were told it would be half price if we paid in cash!! My cucumber margarita and 3 enchiladas with crema
verde and mole sauce were superb. My friends LOVED their chimichanga and chicken with mole. Flavorful whole beans, Spanish rice and thick tortilla chips and salsa rounded out our meal. I love this homey neighborhood eatery.