“Good Asian Buffet ”

Royal Star Buffet
Ranked #24 of 134 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: American, Asian, Mongolian
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

I went to get 2- 5.99 Dinner combos and was delighted at the quality and freshness of the food. They give you fried rice, and egg roll, and two entree's for 5.99 and it was heaping. I had the sesame chicken, it was delicious.
The counter lady was very helpful and sweet. She told me to look at the buffet and everything looked great. They have a small sushi area that I would love to indulge in at some point.
I will be back

Reviewed 15 April 2016

this place had lots of options and nice chinese asian culture style food. We loved the egg rolls and the kids loved the ice cream!!!!

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

Decide to come to royal star for a family dinner. Have been before when it was newly open. Has gone way down hill. Came in around 6:30, was very slow, bad sign for a buffet. Food looked good for the most part. Noodles were dried out and other dishes were almost empty. Again, bad sign for a buffet. Mediocre at best, lousy service, I bussed my own dishes to get them off our table and out of the way. Kids loved the dessert. Daughter got sick next morning, I got sick next afternoon. Will never go back. Disgusting.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Not a good value ($$), seating OK but 'open'. Food (steam tables) was all overcooked, old or missing. Flavors were uneatable. I had to leave after finishing 1/4 of one plate. Went down the street to eat.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Considered the price and variety, this is almost the best buffet we have visited from Mount Rainier to Bellingham. I really like its dessert section. The cheese cake is really yummy. Salad and fruit sections has really good variety compared to other buffets. The minor thing is that some meat dishes seems overcooked and feels not easy to chew.

As other reviewer mentioned, the environment is clean and spacious, no dirty floor. I strongly recommend it to all if you have chance to visit the area.