“Quiet place for great lunch”
Review of Kyoto Kitchen

Kyoto Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 134 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

They have very limited hours and a small sushi menu. Lots of great Japanese dishes but they focus on a couple sushi presentations and make them amazing. Big cuts of nigiri. The quality of the fish is off the hook.
Can't wait to come back and have some shabu shabu or another soup I've never tried before!!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Husband and I craved sushi, had bad luck in another place nearby, so tried Kyoto Kitchen. We wondered if we made a mistake when we saw the white tablecloths, big city prices and no lunch specials. We ordered sashimi meals, which came with miso soup, salad, and rice, and were thrilled, especially with the quality of the fish. When we paid the check we decided it was absolutely worth the splurge. If you want quality sashimi, this is the place.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

My husband took me here for a surprise. Oh my gosh....I can't stop thinking about how great the food was, even 3 days later. We ordered way too much - a full plate of sushi, same for sashimi to start. Their sashimi is fresh and cut more like a slab than a normal piece. Slabs of salmon, slabs of snapper, slabs of tuna. Big fat juicy snow crab chunks on the sushi. We were then moved to a larger table because our food order simply could not be accommodated on a table for 2. I ordered a bento box and he ordered the sukiyaki. Both were sublime. Needless to say we ate our way into oblivion, took the rest home and ate it the next day. The quality of the food was outstanding, the flavors sublime. Wonderful service. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Sailorsal
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Kyoto Kitchen is my favorite place to eat in Mount Vernon. I eat there once EVERY week. The food is always visually pleasing, expertly prepared, nutritious, tasty, and served in generous portions. I call it "Japanese farmhouse food." The decor is cute and Japanesque, but atmosphere leaves something to desire as the place is often under-heated with no music. But if you're hungry, it can't be beat! Particularly, if you are gluten-free like me.

1  Thank MorganLMHC
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch during the week. The food was great but there was only one server so the service was a bit slow, although she was very nice and just stretched a bit too thin.

Been to Kyoto Kitchen? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK